Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Posting In The Clutch

Francisco Lindor - SS CLE

Cabrera traded. I wonder what this means for Lindor this year

Nothing it appears.

Indians acquired SS Zach Walters from the Nationals for SS Asdrubal Cabrera.

The 24-year-old infielder, a switch-hitter like Cabrera, batted .234 with three home runs and six RBI across 40 games over the last two seasons in the bigs. No doubt the Indians are intrigued by his minor league numbers.

I think Lindor when called up needs to focus on his steals. 10 HR 30 SB will be useable from SS. Defense will keep him in the majors though. But it may push his batting slot to 9 making him only a deep league guy. Still anyone with a major league job may surprise. Maybe he has a power spurt at least doubles and triples.

Law is calling Lindor a .400 OBP guy, is he watching a different player than anyone else??? Only 3 players in baseball were .400 OBP last year...

Law is calling Lindor a .400 OBP guy, is he watching a different player than anyone else??? Only 3 players in baseball were .400 OBP last year...

Yeah thats puzzling to me..

I think Lindor is crazy overrated in fantasy. If I had him in a dynasty I would be showing people these rankings and trading him.

Apparently me a year ago...

Been doing a lot of study on this guy recently. I'm starting to think he can post the following line in his prime:

BA - 310

OBP - 410

SLG - 450

HRs - 15

SBs - 30

Thoughts?

Apparently me a year ago...

Been doing a lot of study on this guy recently. I'm starting to think he can post the following line in his prime:

BA - 310

OBP - 410

SLG - 450

HRs - 15

SBs - 30

Thoughts?

Well Pedroia has excellent OBP skills and he never had a .400 OBP and above .380 twice in his entire MLB career.

Just to give you a reference point.

I think Lindor is crazy overrated in fantasy. If I had him in a dynasty I would be showing people these rankings and trading him.

I have him in Dynasty and everyone thinks he's overrated..

:(. I guess we'll wait and see. I haven't seen much to suggest any significant HR/SB upside, and he gets caught stealing a bunch in the minors it seems. Out of the top 10 hitters on most prospect lists, he seems like the one that least intrigues me. Additionally, it seems theres a decent amount of SS's in the minors with more upside. Maybe LIndor is closer to the bigs though.

Seems like he should have that job in Cleveland for a long time though.

:(. I guess we'll wait and see. I haven't seen much to suggest any significant HR/SB upside, and he gets caught stealing a bunch in the minors it seems. Out of the top 10 hitters on most prospect lists, he seems like the one that least intrigues me. Additionally, it seems theres a decent amount of SS's in the minors with more upside. Maybe LIndor is closer to the bigs though.

Seems like he should have that job in Cleveland for a long time though.

I think we will see Lindor this year, but he has no value for me in redrafts or short term keepers. His defense is what ranks him so high on prospect lists. I'm sure he will be a very valuable MLB SS, but I don't think he will have much of a fantasy impact. Maybe in 4-5 years when he hits his power potential.

Watch some video of him. He's got surprising bat speed for a little dude.

He's a better real life prospect than he is a fantasy prospect. That said, I can see him being useful in fantasy. He'll hit for average, he'll steal 25-30 bases, and he'll score. And I can see him hitting 10-15 homers. And from quickly looking at what he's done in the minors, he seems to be a guy that will produce consistently at the major league level. I'll take that kind of production from a SS. Think Elvis Andrus with more pop.

He's a better real life prospect than he is a fantasy prospect. That said, I can see him being useful in fantasy. He'll hit for average, he'll steal 25-30 bases, and he'll score. And I can see him hitting 10-15 homers. And from quickly looking at what he's done in the minors, he seems to be a guy that will produce consistently at the major league level. I'll take that kind of production from a SS. Think Elvis Andrus with more pop.

So in what round does a 300/13/28 SS with high run totals go in? Because that line makes him an excellent fantasy player. Yes, he'll still be a better real life player due to defense but that's a very underrated fantasy line from a SS.

I'd say more Jeter with less power upside than Andrus.

So in what round does a 300/13/28 SS with high run totals go in? Because that line makes him an excellent fantasy player. Yes, he'll still be a better real life player due to defense but that's a very underrated fantasy line from a SS.

I'd say more Jeter with less power upside than Andrus.

I think he will eventually go around where Reyes now. Probably borderline round 3-4.

Can he hit double digit home runs and can his batting average go above .300 at the mlb level?

Last year he had 11 bombs but slug % was quite low. He also hit .278 with mid 300 on base. Most of the season he was at AA.

Really heating up as of late. Got the avg. over .300 and starting to steal bases. Hope he gets the call soon. Jose Ramirez is not the answer.

When will he get the call this year? I want to stash him on my NA spot.

No later than mid-June I believe.

Compared to other SS and how Cleveland has been hitting. He could provide good numbers immediately if he gets the call soon.

Thinking we're not too far away here. A 10-game hitting streak has raised his line to .280/.354/.379. He's sporting a 26/17 K/BB ratio, which is pretty solid for a 21-year old in AAA. I think he'll flash some speed and pop while playing gold glove defense in Cleveland by Memorial Day (or shortly thereafter).

I know some have doubted his future power, and while I don't expect him to hit 20 in the future, I think he's got 10-15 HR pop with future 25+ SB speed and upside for a .300 AVG. That's a very solid SS given the wasteland that is the current SS landscape.

Don't overlook his debut with the pending arrivals of Correa and others... Lindor's likely still going to be plenty valuable.

Thinking we're not too far away here. A 10-game hitting streak has raised his line to .280/.354/.379. He's sporting a 26/17 K/BB ratio, which is pretty solid for a 21-year old in AAA. I think he'll flash some speed and pop while playing gold glove defense in Cleveland by Memorial Day (or shortly thereafter).

I know some have doubted his future power, and while I don't expect him to hit 20 in the future, I think he's got 10-15 HR pop with future 25+ SB speed and upside for a .300 AVG. That's a very solid SS given the wasteland that is the current SS landscape.

Don't overlook his debut with the pending arrivals of Correa and others... Lindor's likely still going to be plenty valuable.

I'd gladly take a SS or 2B hitting .300 with 10HR and 20+ SB over one who hits .260 with 20/20 (Desmond).

So is he up within 2 weeks?

Dinger #2 tonight, 3-4 :)

SS is an absolute dumpster fire.

Lindor is a top 5 prospect on most prospect lists.

He's 21 years old and offers a little bit of everything.

It's so dang hard to add him though, even in a keeper league, I can't even drop DeShields for him even if I knew he was coming up tomorrow, lol! Ughhh!

Anyone see something I don't?