Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Posting In The Clutch

Francisco Lindor - SS CLE

I'm with you on that. He's just hugely underwhelming from a fantasy point of view. He has maybe 10HR pop and he'll snag you 20ish bases, but it's going to go along with a .700ish, or likely below OPS. Pretty much the premier example of guys that are worth more in real life than in fantasy.

I'm with you on that. He's just hugely underwhelming from a fantasy point of view. He has maybe 10HR pop and he'll snag you 20ish bases, but it's going to go along with a .700ish, or likely below OPS. Pretty much the premier example of guys that are worth more in real life than in fantasy.

He should hit for average. So, if what you say is true, you're looking at someone who hits for average (let's be generous and say between .285 and .300), 10HR and 20SB to go along with whatever R and RBI come out of it. I think for a SS that's fantastic. A redraft might not be the best spot for him, but in keeper and dynasty he's the best SS prospect outside of the few that remain out of the bigs (Correra and Seager).

He should hit for average. So, if what you say is true, you're looking at someone who hits for average (let's be generous and say between .285 and .300), 10HR and 20SB to go along with whatever R and RBI come out of it. I think for a SS that's fantastic. A redraft might not be the best spot for him, but in keeper and dynasty he's the best SS prospect outside of the few that remain out of the bigs (Correra and Seager).

IDK, Baez and Peraza seem like better fantasy assets, no?

Barring trade Peraza won't be a MLB SS due to Simmons. Might not even be a 2B if Jace holds it down.

Braves prospect Jose Peraza has been moved to center field at Triple-A Gwinnett.

Advice: Peraza had already moved from shortstop to second base due to the presence of Andrelton Simmons and now is going from second to center field because of Jace Peterson. It remains to be seen if the switch is permanent, but it could give the 21-year-old a quicker path to the majors. Of course, Cameron Maybin has started to look really good himself in center field of late. Peraza is batting .293/.333/.379 with two homers and 14 steals for Gwinnett this season.

---

Baez could be. He's an interesting case and there's lots of variables. I think he'll eventually figure it out but not idea how long that will take. And if he's with the Cubs he might not be a SS either due to Russell.

He Ks too much to be more than a HR guy. I think Lindor is a 3-cat player (avg, sb, r) with Baez being 2-cat (HR and RBI). Could change.

Why are we assuming the guy who hasn't hit above .289 since A+ is going to hit for average? .262 in AAA this year, .273in AAA last year and .278 in AA.

Why are we assuming the guy who hasn't hit above .289 since A+ is going to hit for average? .262 in AAA this year, .273in AAA last year and .278 in AA.

Why do we assume anything with prospects? We just go off of what we're told by the "experts" and make a call. I think Lindor is going to be a solid, albeit boring, fantasy SS. Is he going to be a top talent? No way. But like I said... I think he develops, based on what has been said about him, into a .280+ hitter with 10/20 HR/SB. Not bad for a SS.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: #Indians promoting Zach Walters to replace Jose Ramirez, not top prospect Francisco Lindor

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Stands to reason that #Indians will summon Lindor soon. Aviles can play SS for now with Walters coming off bench..

I don't get why they didn't just promote Lindor now. I bet we see him in a few weeks though

I don't get why they didn't just promote Lindor now. I bet we see him in a few weeks though

Because CLE is run by idiots.

Why would they call up Walters today then? I think it's going to be at least a few weeks so they can guarantee the super two

Based on RW blurb looks like he is up soon after injuries clear up. What do you project him for this year in majors?

Is he better than Correa?

His ceiling is Omar Vizquel. His floor is Didi Grigorious.

Jordan Bastian‏@MLBastian

Antonetti said Lindor was considered for promotion. Noted that the shortstop has been dealing with minor core/hand issues. Not at 100%.

It seems that his callup is going to be soon.

Anyone want to take a crack at projections for this season? Shortstop is a fantasy wasteland.

I think that undersells his bat a great deal

I think that undersells his bat a great deal

270 hitter with 20+SB and a .336 OBP is an undersell on a guy who hasn't hit more than .280 in AAA?

I see him as Elvis Andrus 2.0 -- useful when playing well, but not a star.