Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sddan

Sell high most overused term in fantasy sports?

7 posts in this topic

just something i often see asked about a player , even after one good game.

It is my thought that if you are thinking sell high your fellow league managers are probably not thinking your player is a great value

What I like least about the term "sell high" is it almost assumes that managers are in a day-to-day trading frenzy. I historically only see 1-5 trades in my leagues for the entire season.

What I like least about the term "sell high" is it almost assumes that managers are in a day-to-day trading frenzy. I historically only see 1-5 trades in my leagues for the entire season.

That's how my league is. Sell high is dumb/tricky (depending on how you look at it), because "selling high" doesn't work with like one or two games. What trade partner would bite on that? And if a dude plays well for like two or three weeks, well...now he might actually be good...how do you know? You're not selling high, you're just selling.

Of course, it's more complicated than that, but it's rare when the phrase actually means what people think it means. You can only see if it applies in retrospect.

varies league to league I guess, ive seen some league make 1-5 trades a week

Considering all the terrible sell-low scenarios I see on these forums, if anything, I would say "sell-high" is never used enough.

someone offered me Klay Thompson for Kevin Martin at the beginning of the season...at the time, I didn't even think about selling high/buying low