Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

keiko

DuJuan Harris 2013 Season Outlook

54 posts in this topic

I know it's a long shot but I was real impressed with his game toward the end of the year. Could he start next year as the Packers starter? I know the Packers should draft an RB or sign one....but wouldn't shock me if they don't sign one as this hasn't seem to be a priority through the years. If he is their starter, could easily see RB 2 value in PPR leagues. Long way to go until next year but just tossing it out for discussion. :)

Yeah Starks looked good at the end of 2010 too. Harris looked good for sure, but I still believe the lead ball carrier in this offense isn't on this team yet, with the backside chance that they give CedBen one more year.

I find it likely they look somewhere else in the draft or free agency for their starter. If they don't, however, he could be the guy to own.

I see Harris as a long term scatback type. If SJax becomes available, I think the Packers would be the team that becomes the most aggressive to get him.

I see Harris as a long term scatback type. If SJax becomes available, I think the Packers would be the team that becomes the most aggressive to get him.

I think getting Jackson a longshot. Packers don't break bread for their RBs.

Which is the reason they've been knocked out of the playoffs as early as they have the past two seasons. As a fan, they need to nip that trend in the bud, now.

You won't have to break the bank for a 30 year old back with his kind of mileage.

I find it hard to believe that the packers won't take a RB at some point in the draft, especially given how the RB position has become so discounted in the draft in recent years. It was amazing their offense was able to function as well as it did with no resemblance of a run game whatsoever.

Not to get too off-topic, but I would argue that the Packers main deficiencies have to do with line play, especially in the run game. Their run blocking sucks. Alex Green's production might spike up a bit with more time to get his confidence back in his knee and, at the very least, Dujuan Harris looks to be a very good complementary RB. I think they will grab a RB or two in the draft and from the UDFA pool. Steven Jackson will likely command $4-5M per and the Packers are not going to do that. I think they will draft linemen early and look for depth at RB and WR in the mid to late rounds.

Edit: LOL, I just had to add this. I think there is a better chance that the Packers pick up Kevin Smith than Steven Jackson. Now that would be interesting to say the least.

It's awful quiet here.

Super cheap and what's the competition?

If they don't draft a back he becomes very interesting.

I think they draft 1-2 in the latter rounds, backs they believe to be hidden gems. I bet they cut some dead wood. Would not be surprised if they cut Green if he doesn't turn some heads in camp, maybe Starks. They do need a bigger back, at the very least to complement Harris, maybe to become they main RB that Green was supposed to be. Whoever it is, it will be a bigger back who can block and catch. I would love to see them get Zac Stacy.or Mike James (Miami). Their skills sets and projected ADP make them viable targets.

If they don't draft a back he becomes very interesting.

I think they draft 1-2 in the latter rounds, backs they believe to be hidden gems. I bet they cut some dead wood. Would not be surprised if they cut Green if he doesn't turn some heads in camp, maybe Starks. They do need a bigger back, at the very least to complement Harris, maybe to become they main RB that Green was supposed to be. Whoever it is, it will be a bigger back who can block and catch. I would love to see them get Zac Stacy.or Mike James (Miami). Their skills sets and projected ADP make them viable targets.

Green and Starks are terrible. It was like they were running in quicksand on most plays - no burst whatsoever. Both should be cut. DHarris is a nice change of pace/part-time RB, not much else.

Montee Ball would be a great fit on this team. There's no doubt that GB has done some scouting on this guy over the years while he was playing at UW. Ball's not the fastest RB but he's got great vision & instinct and knows how to hit the hole hard for positive yardage and some big plays. He's going to be a really good pro and could have a great 2013 on a team like GB (or PIT for that matter).

Sounding like RBBC in GB again this year. Maybe Harris will end up with the most touches, if they don't draft anyone decent he probably will. Hoping he's the clear cut 3rd down RB, that may make him useful in ppr leagues as a flex in that offense.

I think there is a 1-2% chance that Harris is the week 1 starter. They will sign a FA and/or draft someone. With Pit signing Sanders and Redman, I don't think they'll have the cap space for Bradshaw, so he could possibly be a cheap addition to the Packers.

The pack should swing a trade for Ben Tate...he would look nice in that offense.

If the Pack drafts a RB in Rounds 2-4, you can pretty much label them as the guy to beat (no RB is worth taking Round 2, but there is a lot of depth, with about 6-7 RB's who are likely able to be the main guy, and 3-4 who can be the 3-down back - just not the same upside as in the past, and the position is so clearly devalued).

I'd be shocked if the Pack didn't get a RB by Round 4.

If the Pack drafts a RB in Rounds 2-4, you can pretty much label them as the guy to beat (no RB is worth taking Round 2, but there is a lot of depth, with about 6-7 RB's who are likely able to be the main guy, and 3-4 who can be the 3-down back - just not the same upside as in the past, and the position is so clearly devalued).

I'd be shocked if the Pack didn't get a RB by Round 4.

I don't see them drafting a RB in the first 3 rds., Not after they got embarrassed in the playoffs by the 9ers. For their scheme, Rd 3 at the earliest. There is plenty of talent at RB in the middle rounds.

With McCarthy saying he views Harris as the starter and Lacy sitting out practice today, what do we expect of Harris this year.

Believe me when I say that while Harris might CURRENTLY be listed #1 on the depth chart, Eddie Lacy is the back to own in GB. Heck, Harris might even start some games, but he will eventually give way to Lacy. Harris is competing with Franklin for the 3rd down role,

Someone in my league is trying to convince me that this guy might be the starting RB Week 1.

I'm not even buying that. No chance this guy is starting for the Packers Week 1, not without some severe injuries hitting their RB corps in the coming weeks.

He is getting 1st team reps pretty late into august.....time share?