Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

octapuss

Matt Harrison 2013 Outlook

18 posts in this topic

I like what Matt did last year. Even though he faded down the stretch. Can he reproduce these numbers this year? Arlington is a hard place to pitch and does Texas have the same offense to support him i run production? Rotoworld has him ranked their #77 pitcher. Not a ringing endorsement.

Harrison's not hurt as much at Arlington because he's much more of a ground ball pitcher.

He's not going to help much in Ks or WHIP, and the lineup is slightly worse.

That said, he's a solid guy that won't hurt you. I think you take him as a SP5 in hopes that you can get a mid-3s ERA and 15+ wins.

I have been reading a lot of different write ups about Matt and he is being projected as more as a SP3?

Im trying to get a read on how he will perform this year?

I have been reading a lot of different write ups about Matt and he is being projected as more as a SP3?

Im trying to get a read on how he will perform this year?

I'm not sure i see anything that would warrant a SP3 in a 12 team league. It gets to the point where you can get similar numbers streaming OAK pitchers at home & others @SD or v. HOU

I like Harrison but I don't believe he will end up a top 35-40 SP.

Think I'd much rather take a chance on a guy with high K potential. Even if EVERYTHING goes right for Harrison, he's not going to be a real difference-maker.

Anyone throwing him out there today? He's the only pitcher to get knocked around by the Astros so far and today he faces the Angels. Thinking of benching him.

Anyone throwing him out there today? He's the only pitcher to get knocked around by the Astros so far and today he faces the Angels. Thinking of benching him.

Haha was my exact reasoning. You can't handle the Astros, you can't handle Trout, Hamilton, Pujols, Trumbo. On my bench today.

Sooo what are everyone's thoughts with this guy? Droppable? I want to hold to see what he does against Seattle, but I'm not optimistic based on the last two outings.

Sooo what are everyone's thoughts with this guy? Droppable? I want to hold to see what he does against Seattle, but I'm not optimistic based on the last two outings.

He's got a couple years that says he'll be good. I don't know if he's droppable.

Call me crazy but I started him this week. Lefty @SEA...should put him back on track.

I think you take him as a SP5 in hopes that you can get a mid-3s ERA and 15+ wins.3e.jpg

Perfectly said. He what he is and that is a pitcher who won't hurt you all that much, but won't help you out in the K department. I don't read into his bad start too much. He will be OK assuming his back issue doesn't turn into a lingering problem.

Harrison will be examined by team orthopedist Dr. Keith Meister before determining a course of action. He had been expected to return to the Rangers rotation at the end of August, though that could now be in jeopardy. The team should have an update on his status Saturday.

Any updates since then?