Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Max Rockatansky

Beno Udrih 2012/13 Season Outlook

78 posts in this topic

Is Udrih really worth picking up??

I feel like I need to add SOMEBODY with all the time I wasted today.

The only move I made this week was dropping Delfino (before news of the trade)...so right now I'm the big loser of the trade deadline, haha. Take a risk on Udrih?

Is Udrih really worth picking up??

I feel like I need to add SOMEBODY with all the time I wasted today.

The only move I made this week was dropping Delfino (before news of the trade)...so right now I'm the big loser of the trade deadline, haha. Take a risk on Udrih?

You could wait Nelson MRI but there's a chance Udrih will be gone by then

Yahoo is saying that he's the primary backup behind Nelson now...

that's incorrect, right? I assumed Moore would still be the backup, and would start if Nelson misses time.

Yahoo is saying that he's the primary backup behind Nelson now...

that's incorrect, right? I assumed Moore would still be the backup, and would start if Nelson misses time.

Moore is not exactly a PG, more a combo-guard.

I don't think it's a coincidence they got Udrih just a couple of hours after they find out Nelson has a strained patella

Udrih is the better PG. When, not if, Nelson misses more time, I think Beno will be the starter.

1 person likes this

Posted · Hidden by Patrick Bateman, February 21, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

worth dropping bledsoe for?

Udrih is a severely underrated playmaker, and when it comes to that aspect of PGs alone, I'd actually say he's better than Jameer. Either way, Jameer looks like he's going to be missing some games, so definitely pick up Udrih if you need assists.

1 person likes this

what are the chances Udrih plays a bit of SG and take up something like Redick's role?

what are the chances Udrih plays a bit of SG and take up something like Redick's role?

None. Orlando is a team full of young prospects and they need a veteran like Udrih quarterbacking their agenda. There's absolutely no reason for the Magic to take away Udrih's biggest strength in playmaking and shift him into a sharpshooting SG when they have a ton of other younger offensive options.

^well..I meant in terms of having like a two PG line-up with Jameer..not that he has to become a scorer

^well..I meant in terms of having like a two PG line-up with Jameer..not that he has to become a scorer

Well, JJ Redick assumed that role because his main strength was still perimeter shooting, so even though he handled some playmaking duties while on the floor with Nelson, he was mainly looking to get a shot off. I don't see Udrih filling that role.

It's just my opinion, but considering their skillsets, I wouldn't really understand Udrih at SG.

Is Udrih cleared to play tonight? With Nelson out... I'm sure he's playing Saturday... but is it even possible he plays tonight?

Is Udrih cleared to play tonight? With Nelson out... I'm sure he's playing Saturday... but is it even possible he plays tonight?

No. None of the three from teh trade are available.

Moore will probably play almost a full 48

Well, JJ Redick assumed that role because his main strength was still perimeter shooting, so even though he handled some playmaking duties while on the floor with Nelson, he was mainly looking to get a shot off. I don't see Udrih filling that role.

It's just my opinion, but considering their skillsets, I wouldn't really understand Udrih at SG.

Don't get caught up in the SG position in terms of shooting. The Heat only have a few guards as it is, so Udrih will get minutes at both guard spots. Someone has to assume Redick's minutes, and it will be Udrih. He will get plenty of run as Nelson's backup, but he will also play minutes alongside Nelson or Moore or Afflalo.

watching the Magic game on TV, and they are INFINITELY better with Udrih on the court.

I actually like E'Twaun Moore, and think he's a good young prospect...but he's just NOT a PG...flat out. He's a 2 trying to play the 1.

The +/- for this game is insane, if you look at when Udrih is running the point vs. Moore.

All that being said...I agree with most of the posters here, as good as Udrih might run the team...I don't see them giving him the reigns when he's on the final year of his contract over a young rookie that they think highly of (this all depending on Nelson being out, of course).

None. Orlando is a team full of young prospects and they need a veteran like Udrih quarterbacking their agenda. There's absolutely no reason for the Magic to take away Udrih's biggest strength in playmaking and shift him into a sharpshooting SG when they have a ton of other younger offensive options.

If anything Etwaun Moore could take Redick's role....

1 person likes this

Tonight should effectively put an end to any talk that he should be utilized in any role outside of a playmaker.

He's been solid his whole career when given the minutes

2 people like this

He's been solid his whole career when given the minutes

Agreed. He's not flashy at all and has been stuck at the tail end of a couple bad teams, which is unfortunate because he's a very effective floor general. He's a smart player and gets everybody involved, and is exactly the veteran presence Orlando needs guiding their team.

Its not like he is some young player with untapped upside. He is 30 years old. He got starting run with the Kings for a few years and never averaged over 4.9 assists a game. He is what he is, a great back up point guard, very solid role player. Nelson is the starter on the team so when he is healthy Udrih will have back up guard type run 20-24 minutes a game. Not much upside unless Nelson is out. If Nelson misses extended time he will definitely have value. Nelson is pretty injury prone though so he is a good guy to stash on rosters.