Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slaughterrt

Jason Snelling 2013 Season Outlook

84 posts in this topic

With the Falcons likely to release Turner...what is Snelling's value? I see his upside being RB by committee with Jaquizz. However if the Falcons draft or sign a FA RB...then Snelling drops in value. What does everyone think?

With the Falcons likely to release Turner...what is Snelling's value? I see his upside being RB by committee with Jaquizz. However if the Falcons draft or sign a FA RB...then Snelling drops in value. What does everyone think?

For more hard-hittin' analysis:

I agree, they'll find someone, with all probability, via the draft to share the load as the bigger more physical back to pair with Quizz.

Isn't Snelling a FA too? If not, I highly doubt he will be anything more than their 3rd string RB.

I'm expecting ATL to try to make a big splash at RB. If Tony G re-signs, it's SB or bust for ATL. If SJax hits FA, they will make a run at him. Mendenhall would be a good fit to pair up with Quizz. If Lacy falls to them, then I could see ATL drafting him to be the starter. Otherwise, I don't see them trusting another rookie RB to carry the load in a SB run season.

Any value here?

I was just looking at the box score of the game and after Jackson went down in the 1st Atlanta only ran it another 13 times. 11 went to Rogers and 2 to Snelling. I'm assuming he'll be the goal line back though, right? Is he worth it a pick up?

Any value here?
I was just looking at the box score of the game and after Jackson went down in the 1st Atlanta only ran it another 13 times. 11 went to Rogers and 2 to Snelling. I'm assuming he'll be the goal line back though, right? Is he worth it a pick up?

historically the back to own in ATL is the goal-line back

Count me in the vast minority, but I think Snelling will be the by far most valuable ATL back to own while S-Jax is out, PPR or otherwise...

3 people like this

Count me in the vast minority, but I think Snelling will be the by far most valuable ATL back to own while S-Jax is out, PPR or otherwise...

I agree with you. I'm hoping he can be this year's Marcel Reece.
1 person likes this

Even old and slow Michael Turner had some value last season because he got the goal line carries. Snelling isn't the greatest talent out there but he can do a little bit of everything (run, catch, pass block). There's a reason the Falcons hung on to him even though they added S-Jax and drafted Rodgers.

How long will SJAX be out?

3-4 weeks I think is the estimate. He had a similar injury a few years back where he missed 5 games.

Thanks. Good info.

I'm surprise Snelling isn't getting more run. He's a multi-purpose back who can run between the tackles, Smith is comfortable with him and has used him in these situations in the past. I added him where I could during waivers. I really wish Quizz was the guy but he's consistently shown his limitations in the running game.

Forced to start him this week due to multiple injuries and people going bid crazy on starks and mcgahee. Im on board!

Anybody else on board with this guy? What do you guys think his ceiling and floor are? Surely he can outproduce negative fantasy points.

Lacy's recovering from a concussion and Bradshaw is about to become a bench warmer so I have no choice but to start this guy. Hopefully they will continue to give him goal line carries and that's the only reason why I picked him up.

Lacy's recovering from a concussion and Bradshaw is about to become a bench warmer so I have no choice but to start this guy. Hopefully they will continue to give him goal line carries and that's the only reason why I picked him up.

I'm hoping for a nice reception total as well, maybe 2-4. If you look at his 2009 numbers where he filled in as the starter, his numbers were more than serviceable. I just wish we had more info on the split between him and Quizz.

Having Lacy and S. Jackson really hurting me. So I'm jumpingin like everyone else. He had two carries last week though, which is just a joke...

Playing a tough MIami Front, my hope is Jaquizz can't get anything going running and they switch more to Snelling. Realistically though, a line that is something like: 8 carries for 25 yards, 3 Rec for 15 yards and a Rush TD (though that last one is maybe more me being overly optimistic). He's definitely going to get goalline work.

I remember one or two years back though when Turner went down in a game, Snelling had a Multi TD performance I think one through the air and another rushing. Dreamers can keep dreaming though, right?

Damn it's a tough RB season. I picked him up and am thinking about playing him with my T.Rich getting traded and playing in SF, it could be a recipe for a tough week.

Any more info of % split between him and jacquizz? Any info leaking out about 1st team practice this week and who's getting reps??

Last call to get Snelling on the cheap. After tomorrow's game, price goes way, way up...