Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lilkhmerkid4u

Batum vs Ariza? ***WHIR*** (^,^)y

12 posts in this topic

keep in mind this is a POINTS league

-we don't count FG%

-I pretty much have to win here on out to have a chance at the playoffs

1pt for every pt/ast/reb

2pts for every block / steal

Ariza

4 games this week

@ TOR

vs DET

vs NYK

vs PHI

Batum

2 games this week

vs DEN

vs MIN

Tough call, Ariza is actually playing his best ball currently this year, but Batum is the far superior player. Arizas matchups look rather tough, I could see him doing half way decent and averaging out to better totals than Batums 2 games but who knows. Batum even with his wrist bothering him could still have a monster game or a couple good games and make it a close race.

Batum is more profiecient in the stats you need, Ariza doesn't really block much and with Batums wrist bothering him he has even said himself he might shoot less and try to help out in other areas, like the stats you need. Even still 4 games to 2 Ariza might offer more points, but I could see the other cats being close to what Batum would offer and Batum might get you some blocks as well.

Help Here http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=338182

keep in mind this is a POINTS league

-we don't count FG%

-I pretty much have to win here on out to have a chance at the playoffs

1pt for every pt/ast/reb

2pts for every block / steal

Ariza

4 games this week

@ TOR

vs DET

vs NYK

vs PHI

Batum

2 games this week

vs DEN

vs MIN

This is a really tough call. Both have easy schedules too. If you think Batum can produce 3-4 blocks and steals in this time frame, he might be the better play. However, Ariza can get his fair share of steals too, and with that schedule (minus the knicks), he can out produce Batum in steals enough to be selected. I say check out the depth chart rotation in Washington prior to selection (since guys fall out of the rotation all the time on that team), but I think Ariza may be the better of the two if he gets the same pt he has been getting as of late.

Historically, Ariza actually plays very well vs the knicks...extra motivation perhaps. I picked him up for that last game and he did not disappoint. I would go with him because of a) the better sched, in terms of ease and no. of games and B) hes hot right now.

Batum for this season has been a monster against denver but had 2 out of 3 not so good games against Min. 1 out of 2 is not enough vs 3-4 possible good games from Ariza IMO.

Batum is the better option, ariza is playing well but overall Batum is a far superior player in almost all categories