Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slaughterrt

2013 Sleeper Keeper - Darryl Richardson or Bilal Powell?

15 posts in this topic

Both Richardson and Powell have potential next year, possibly as starters for their respective teams. Which has the greater upside, and why? I am taking a flyer on one of these guys as a keeper. Who to pick?

Richardson looked impressive and SJax is probably gone.

Powell looks like a slightly better Shonn Greene.

I think Richardson has a lot more potential.

couldn't agree more. It's already reported S-Jax is voiding is year option with St. Louis, and Richardson would easily escalate as the guy to own in that backfield. I'm sure staff was pleased with his YPC behind Sjax last yr. He's clearly above Pead.

Yeah. I know Richardson looked better than Pead but all i hear is that Pead is the back built for the 3 downs and Richardson is an outside, change of pace back. We will see though. Not a big fan of Powell but he may be the guy next year if Greene leaves.

Yeah. I know Richardson looked better than Pead but all i hear is that Pead is the back built for the 3 downs and Richardson is an outside, change of pace back. We will see though. Not a big fan of Powell but he may be the guy next year if Greene leaves.

I'd rather have a ball boy on the Rams then any Jet RB.

Richardson sure seems to be the more talented RB so I gotta lean toward him over Powell. There doesn't seem to be anything impressive about Powell's overall game. That said, I have heard that Pead will get a chance to take the job this year...and being a second round pick may not matter a ton but makes me think the Rams would like to see Pead used more.

Yeah. I heard the same thing about them trying to get Pead more involved. He was unspectacular last season but i doubt they give up on him already.

Some guys need a year to develop, many do not.

One concern for me is that they are both smallish (<200lbs), so, long term, I do not think either of them are workhorse material anyway.

Even if Pead can make it a job share, there's still plenty of carries because Fisher likes to run the rock...

Winky - same could be said about any Jet QB.

1 person likes this

richardson did far more with his touches than powell, who is slightly better than shonne green. i'd take richardson over powell even if sjax comes back or if pead and him are in a complete 50-50 timeshare.