Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BxBOMBERs28

Mike Moustakas 2013 Outlook

174 posts in this topic

He has legit 30+ HR power, but I think he is being undervalued thus far in drafts.

It's just ST, but he's been crushing the ball. He's a good candidate to take a step forward this year. This KC lineup should be be better this year too.

People got turned off by his mediocre last season. He's a good post-hype breakout candidate. He's only 24.

Can't believe there's so little hype in here for him playing so well.

I semi reached for him in round 11, pick 124 of a 12 team keeper (espn ranked him at around 140 something) to backup and eventually replace my aramis. Got high hopes for him.

This thread will be a lot longer 2 months from now.

Is that good news or bad news?

Depends on whether or not you own him.

I semi reached for him in round 11, pick 124 of a 12 team keeper (espn ranked him at around 140 something) to backup and eventually replace my aramis. Got high hopes for him.

Fell to round 20 in my 12 team league. Grabbed him

Ya I grabbed him with my first post-keeper pick in my 16 team keeper to fill my util and backup Longo. I love finding old big name prospects when they finally find their stride. Not that he has yet, but I'm taking a shot in the dark.

Consider this interesting note I read on CBS...It took Moustakas 1000 at bats in the minors to put up his monster 36 HR, 124 RBI, .322 average in 2010...He will reach 1000 major league at bats in April...I am buying...

I grabbed him at 115 in my keeper league. I'm all in. I expect nothing less than 25-30 HR's from him.

Do not be fooled into thinking Lawrie or Middlebrooks will be better than Moustakas this year. I know in drafts Middlebrooks is going right around Mous and Lawrie is going much sooner but trust me Moustakas will be the better of the 3 by a fair margin this year. Moustakas I see being on par with Kung Fu Panda.

So far I see Moose projected to bat 6th in the order, behind Perez.

Gordon

?

Hosmer

Butler

Perez

Moustakas

I drafted Hosmer, and I do hope he produces this year, but we can't expect him to be given such a long leash this year and maintain his 3 spot order in the lineup if he sucks right?

If you are weighing the possibility of Hosmer struggling mightily, how could you see them dealing with it? Ie bumping him down the lineup? Moose moving up? If so where do you see the lineup being if Hosmer struggles for a while out of the gate?

Curious bc I thought Moustakas would be batting ahead of Perez, but I'm not too surprised by it either, but j still would like to see the Moose get many ABs this season.

Wow I'm scooping Moustakas up with Freese on the DL. Can't believe how much this guy is being overlooked. He will def improve on his AVG and that Royals lineup could be scary with these young guys improving. We know this guy has plus power, so I would def take a shot and see what happens.

This guy's plate patience really needs to improve to be a legitimate fantasy factor. He's a brutal hack and hasnt shown any interest to work a count. The makings are there for a solid player. Time will tell.

i'd take moustakas over freese, Sandoval and lawrie every time. especially where he is being taken. i'm not getting burned on Zimmerman or Longoria again.

This guy's plate patience really needs to improve to be a legitimate fantasy factor. He's a brutal hack and hasnt shown any interest to work a count. The makings are there for a solid player. Time will tell.

It needs to improve for sure, but I don't think his walk rate was terrible for a guy in his first full season. When I think of a hack, I think of someone like Alex Rios, who walked 26 times last year in 602 at bats. Moustakas walked 39 times in 563 at bats. On the low end of the spectrum, but not an amount that suggests he has issues with discipline and strike zone judgement. If he can work his walks up towards 50 in a season, he'll be doing ok given the power he should provide. And that kind of improvement in walks would be reasonable out of a guy his age.

Hit his 5th HR tonight, batting .415 on the spring. Also to note, he was slotted in cleanup followed by Perez and Hosmer.

I think this kid breaks out in a big way this year. Wouldn't be surprised to see him finish around 6th for 3rd basemen this year.

Hit his 5th HR tonight, batting .415 on the spring. Also to note, he was slotted in cleanup followed by Perez and Hosmer.

I think this kid breaks out in a big way this year. Wouldn't be surprised to see him finish around 6th for 3rd basemen this year.

He's been in the cleanup spot a few games, seems like Ned Yost might be leaning towards him there for the season.

I'm eating The Mouse Tacos this year.

Yeah Top 6 is where I have him pegged too. I have him having a lesser batting average than Sandoval but a fair amount more HRs and RBI.

Please do not do take part in the inevitably embarrassing act of drafting Lawrie over Mous. Just do your fantasy team that favor this year.