Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slaughterrt

Danny Amendola 2013 Season Outlook

1,578 posts in this topic

Looks like the Rams will let Amendola test the market. If he does leave, what are the potential teams he may go to? Also how will this affect his value going forward? Personally I could, and would like, to see Minnesota looking at him. Would be nice to get a proven veteran...and he should be relatively inexpensive due to his injury tag.

Only if they hang onto Harvin as well...

If NE let's Welker get away I could see them making Amendola an offer. I think you would see more of a Edelman/Amendola sharing of snaps rather than one of them completely taking over slot duties though. Either that or owners will be at the mercy of Bellichek "game planning."

I just hope someone gets it through to Amendola that you can play balls out but still protect yourself some at the same time. His injuries have been such freak ones and they have a lot to do with him not controlling his body well enough when he lands, etc.

Yeah, I have Amendolan as a WR4/Flex guy, but if he goes somewhere else, then maybe his stock will rise. If it falls, then no harm or loss.

i'd like to see amendola in detroit.

calvin drawing quadruple coverage, stafford throwing 50 times a game ... just a thought.

I like the way Bradford leans on him for so many targets, if he goes somewhere else, no idea if his targets will stay up. I like Amendola as a cheap WR2 in St. Louis, but even in a "dream landing" in NE, if Welker walks, I think Edelman and Amendola will be fighting over that role. And I think Hernandez steps up to more targets if Welker's gone.

St. Louis: Injury-prone WR2

Anywhere else: Injury-prone flex probably. A player going to a new team always presents a lot of unknown of how significant his role will be, and needing to pick-up chemistry with his QB very quickly, and whether he's a fit there or not.

Amendola remains most appealing in St. Louis. He's proven a very good fit and a target monster for Bradford if he can just stay healthy.

I do see DET as a spot where his arrow remains pointed up, however. Once a WR opposite Calvin can actually step up, whoever it is will cash-in.

1 person likes this

I like the way Bradford leans on him for so many targets, if he goes somewhere else, no idea if his targets will stay up. I like Amendola as a cheap WR2 in St. Louis, but even in a "dream landing" in NE, if Welker walks, I think Edelman and Amendola will be fighting over that role. And I think Hernandez steps up to more targets if Welker's gone.

St. Louis: Injury-prone WR2

Anywhere else: Injury-prone flex probably. A player going to a new team always presents a lot of unknown of how significant his role will be, and needing to pick-up chemistry with his QB very quickly, and whether he's a fit there or not.

Amendola remains most appealing in St. Louis. He's proven a very good fit and a target monster for Bradford if he can just stay healthy.

I do see DET as a spot where his arrow remains pointed up, however. Once a WR opposite Calvin can actually step up, whoever it is will cash-in.

well said. personally, I think amendola going to a team like the vikes will murder his value.

I think he would be a good fit for Seattle or even KC with Alex Smith.

I think he would be a good fit for Seattle or even KC with Alex Smith.

Might be so, but don't count on him maintaining WR2 status in either of those offense. SEA is by and large a running offense, and Alex Smith ain't going to help anyone's draft stock last time I checked.

Yeah but Bradford isn't exactly a great threat either. I think wherever he lands, I'll consider him a WR3. But I put a lot weight on how often a player is injured.

Yeah, at least they let Bradford try and sling it pretty good the last couple years. The injury-proneness is the toughest thing to get over, I think he'll remain productive in St. Louis.

He's falling to bargain price in the 6th round range. I wouldn't mind the target monster that late

If he fell that late then I would take him. But he would also be my WR3 because I plan on taking 2 monster WR1s in the first 3 rounds this year.

kc isnt as bad as minny though...alex will go to the slot a good amount, as evidenced by morgan and then crabtree. plus in a WCO a slot guy who moves the chains is extremely viable.

minny is one of the worst options for a prototypical slot guy like amendola imo...

Signed to the Patriots for 5 years. Holy Cow.

That's a lot of years for a guy who hasn't been able to even stay healthy for the last two years...I'm sure a lot of that isn't guaranteed and the Patriots protected themselves but I can't see why they wouldn't just pony up a few more million dollars to resign Welker (a guaranteed/proven commodity in their system) instead of favoring Amendola all along. I mean, how many more years does Tom Brady realistically have to win Super Bowls? Welker on a 2-year deal to supplement that window makes more sense to me.

One thing that I think a lot of people overlook when they view slot receivers is they just look at the numbers...not all slot receivers are created equal and the one thing that Welker did better than ANYONE at that position is that he beat the coverage (man or zone) FAST which is crucial on 3rd downs and versus the pass rush.

Looks like the PATs didn't miss a beat. The question now becomes can we the fantasy community assume that Wes Welker production is in store for Amendola? If so I would not hesitate to draft him starting the early in RD 4.

I don't see people sleeping on this guy this year I'd be surprised if he slips past the 4th round.

He'll be one of the biggest "breakout" calls for folks.....I agree, he won't be sleeper status.

1 person likes this

He literally gets destroyed on every tackle. Broken collarbone on a routine tackle. I was ready to write him off as too big of an injury risk after taking him last year in all drafts.

Very surprised by this decision by the Patriots. They will miss Welker for sure when Amendola and Hernandez are both out for multiple games in a row.

The value can't be ignored now though, if he stays healthy its gonna be insane numbers.

Kind of a dumb signing, seems like they couldn't put their ego aside and continued to stiff Welker until the end. Amendola has a shot at producing nearly as much and is younger, but Welker has proven he is the go to WR for Brady for so many years now. Also he is extremely injury prone and LMAO at the rotoworld headline that he's more explosive than Welker. Compare their YPC the past few seasons.

Welker is shifty and knows how to get open but he is pretty slow. I would definitely consider Amendola more explosive. A better player? Not yet but we'll see. Everyone knows he's a big injury concern but the Pats had to counter with something.

Amendola is considered a blue chip player by a lot of people so he can be a special player. You have to think Brady and the staff will know how to use him to his potential.

Very excited to see what he can do, if he plays I have no doubts about him being a stud in ppr leagues.

Welker is shifty and knows how to get open but he is pretty slow. I would definitely consider Amendola more explosive. A better player? Not yet but we'll see. Everyone knows he's a big injury concern but the Pats had to counter with something.

Amendola is considered a blue chip player by a lot of people so he can be a special player. You have to think Brady and the staff will know how to use him to his potential.

If Brady and company can make guys like Edelman and Woodhead relevant then they'll have no problem with Amendola, he just has to stay on the field.....I'm wondering what is final ADP will be in PPR leagues.....May sneak into the top 40 by the time the hype machine gets done with him and he's healthy in TC.

Its a typical Belicheat move. Blue collar player with his best years ahead of him, as cheap as possible in a buyer's market. They probably had their eye on him all along and knew they could afford to turn Welker away.

How well he does, who knows, he will be a full round cheaper than Welker would have been on the draft board.