Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

klove42

Wade Davis 2013 Outlook

44 posts in this topic

Anyone else high on him for 2013? He has been guaranteed a spot in the rotation in KC, and he was great out of the bullpen with the Rays last year with a K/9 over 11 and his FB gained velocity. I know he was pitching out of those bullpen so those numbers can jump up, but he was once a top prospect for the Rays, and I think he can be a solid sleeper this year especially since no one is talking about him.

1 person likes this

I have had him on my teams since he came up.............I am a big time fan of Wade Davis.........I just like his stuff and feel he needs to be on my teams :)

Anyone else high on him for 2013? He has been guaranteed a spot in the rotation in KC, and he was great out of the bullpen with the Rays last year with a K/9 over 11 and his FB gained velocity. I know he was pitching out of those bullpen so those numbers can jump up, but he was once a top prospect for the Rays, and I think he can be a solid sleeper this year especially since no one is talking about him.

I'm curious to see how his stuff holds up in a return to starting. If he can keep his FB gains, in addition to escaping the AL east, then I like him as a sleeper for 2013. I could see myself drafting him late just to find out.

Yup...I have never had to fight anyone for him:)....Most of the time he is a waiver wire pick up...So, he is cheap and worth the $$$ :P

The pitchers that switch between starter and reliever roles normally have about a 2-2.5 mph difference on their fastball, so it is likely he goes back to his 2011 mph. His swinging strike %, k/9, line drive %, contact rates were all horrible in his 2 full seasons as a starter. He didn't have a strong enough gb % to make up for it. Maybe a scenery change and whatever he learned last year will help him out, but I don't see him being much more than league average.

The pitchers that switch between starter and reliever roles normally have about a 2-2.5 mph difference on their fastball, so it is likely he goes back to his 2011 mph. His swinging strike %, k/9, line drive %, contact rates were all horrible in his 2 full seasons as a starter. He didn't have a strong enough gb % to make up for it. Maybe a scenery change and whatever he learned last year will help him out, but I don't see him being much more than league average.

I know his stats weren't great as a starter, but he was young and is still is young so maybe he just matured as a player and grew. As a sleeper you can get him probably wjth the last pick in a draft or for a dollar in an auction. The Royals organization is obviously very fond of this guy and they committed to him being a starter immediately.

I know his stats weren't great as a starter, but he was young and is still is young so maybe he just matured as a player and grew. As a sleeper you can get him probably wjth the last pick in a draft or for a dollar in an auction. The Royals organization is obviously very fond of this guy and they committed to him being a starter immediately.

The royals may be starting him more out of necessity than any great fondness.

The royals may be starting him more out of necessity than any great fondness.

I agree that he can't be worse then Bruce Chen, but I still think it's a little bit of both

I picked him at the end of the 18th round in my 20-team league today.

I like that he's not going to have to fight for a back-end of the rotation spot like he did in Tampa Bay with Niemann and the rest of the Rays' young stud pitchers.

I like the move from the AL East to the AL Central. Kansas City has a much easier schedule. They get less attention and as a result, he is less visible and falls lower on pre-draft rankings.

He's only 27, this will be his 4th full season in the bigs.

Not very flashy totals, but in deeper leagues, consistent guys like him are valuable. Sometimes you need that unsexy 5.0 IP, 2 ER, 4 K, W line on a Sunday afternoon to eek out a win in a couple of categories.

Who do you guys think will produce better on that staff...Santana or Davis? I was thinking that I liked Santana more...

Also, when looking at Davis you get in the area with pitchers like Nicasio, Blanton, Niemann, Stauffer....and maybe even Danks coming off the injury. I'm really struggling with this level of SP in a deep mixed-league (roto) where decisions like this can make a difference.

Who do you guys think will produce better on that staff...Santana or Davis? I was thinking that I liked Santana more...

Also, when looking at Davis you get in the area with pitchers like Nicasio, Blanton, Niemann, Stauffer....and maybe even Danks coming off the injury. I'm really struggling with this level of SP in a deep mixed-league (roto) where decisions like this can make a difference.

I think Ervin is primed for a very solid season, and he's having a great spring so far. I wouldn't be shocked to see 15 wins, 180 Ks and a high 3 ERA

Take it with a grain of salt though since I've had an obsessive/unexplainable mancrush on him since '08 :(

Hahah loving this fastballs right down the middle my Phils are crushing them too but yea this guy needs to start locating the fastball if he wants success

Good line from him last night at home against Minnesota. 5.0 IP, 4 H, 3 BB, 0 R, 6 K, W.

Looks like he will travel to Atlanta and Detroit for his next two stats. Can't say I'm particularly happy about that.

Good line from him last night at home against Minnesota. 5.0 IP, 4 H, 3 BB, 0 R, 6 K, W.

Looks like he will travel to Atlanta and Detroit for his next two stats. Can't say I'm particularly happy about that.

His game wasnt that great, watched first 4 inng and he loaded the bases in the first two inng, didnt have great control. He got out of these jams but pitch count kept soaring up. The Twins are a pretty gritty team but i expected Davis to have a bounce back game after an iffy first outing.

I want nothing to do with him vs det/atl

He hasnt been sharp at all this year.

There is no logical reason for starting him

So I'm gonna, because logical and rationale has failed me so far with my streaming. I'm going opposite this week, ratios are already f'd anyway.

1 person likes this

So I'm gonna, because logical and rationale has failed me so far with my streaming. I'm going opposite this week, ratios are already f'd anyway.

Davis is probably going to throw 8IP-1ER with 8K's today. Tremendous, especially considering I have Minor going today.

Davis is probably going to throw 8IP-1ER with 8K's today. Tremendous, especially considering I have Minor going today.

Well unless he gets bombed in the 7th, you aren't too far off with this. And I opted to sit him today...oh well.

Apparently he is benefiting from a favorable strike zone, according to the radio broadcast.

I saw him pitch the first two outings and was very unimpressed. I have no idea where this came from. Guess that's why I do very little streaming - lol

bautista and reyes out? floyd pitches well on the road? STREAM WOOHOOOOOOOOOO ... rocked.

wade davis hasn't looked sharp? great lineup and a history of struggling as a starter? BENCH ... ace.