Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

petekrum

Darren McFadden 2013 Season Outlook

940 posts in this topic

Is anybody still drinking this guys kool aid? I laugh every year when I see him taken late first through the second. Biggest sucker pick in the draft if you ask me.

Is anybody still drinking this guys kool aid? I laugh every year when I see him taken late first through the second. Biggest sucker pick in the draft if you ask me.

But the team is ditching the zone blocking and going back to the power run game. He will be a Rotoworld consensus 2nd rounder for sure. 2013 is McFadden's year!!

I will not be drafting the no1 injury prone player in fantasy and feel totally okay about it, ESPECIALLY not in the ridiculous 2nd-3rd round range.

But the team is ditching the zone blocking and going back to the power run game. He will be a Rotoworld consensus 2nd rounder for sure. 2013 is McFadden's year!!

Not sure if you are kidding or not. For your sake I'm hoping you are. I won't even have him on my draft list.

I will not acknowledge his existence in the first round. Not sure if it was all scheme or the injuries have officially added up ... but he did have over 100 points in 6 games in 2011 ... so ... i don't know.

He looked awful last year, looked unstoppable the year before. 3rd round, I'd probably consider him.

So talented but fantasy's biggest tease. Will not be drafting him at his price...someone will always be willing to take a risk on the "upside"

In his NFL Career he has rushed for over 702 yards ONE TIME.

1 person likes this

2nd round?? Maybe first. This year the guy was a Top 5 ADP coming off his 3rd injury year in 4 years. Second round for him will be "sleeper" territory by the time we get to August.

Won't touch this guy. The talent is obviously there but you never know how many games you will get out of him but smart money is on less than 13.

I'm sure we will see much of the same old stuff. If he goes to late 3rd/early 4th I would grab him but he will never make it that far.

Not sure if you are kidding or not. For your sake I'm hoping you are. I won't even have him on my draft list.

I was kidding around in making more excuses for McFadden and saying that he will bounce back. Not kidding that Rotoworld will have him ranked mid 2nd round by the time June roles around.

I need to see with my eyeballs in preseason that he's still got burst and that the blocking scheme indeed suits him. After that, 2nd round at the absolute earliest and must handcuff . . . with?

2 people like this

i can't tell if the injuries have caught up to him or if their scheme was really that bad. he was the top fantasy RB for the first 6 weeks of 2011 ... looked lost last year ... injury prone blahblahblah ...

has he lost a step or was the system/play calling so inept that he couldn't get out of his own way? it's the raiders so i wouldn't doubt coaching had something to do with it, but i didn't watch him play enough to know for sure one way or another.

i can't imagine the hype getting too out of control [again] ... but i'm sure it'll only take 1 long preseason TD and positive camp reports to get the ball rolling. if it was the scheme and he looks like "run dmc" this summer, i'll take the plunge in round 2 [if there is a legit handcuff in place. i like reese a lot].

I need to see with my eyeballs in preseason that he's still got burst and that the blocking scheme indeed suits him. After that, 2nd round at the absolute earliest and must handcuff . . . with?

"yeah just draft DMC and make sure and get Goodson, and you'll be just fine"

-everyone last year

i wish they'd stop screwing around and just have dmc/reese at RB. i'd gladly take dmc in the 2nd round and grab reese later. if we have a 3 man race for the handcuff spot again ... no thanks.

1 person likes this

i wish they'd stop screwing around and just have dmc/reese at RB. i'd gladly take dmc in the 2nd round and grab reese later. if we have a 3 man race for the handcuff spot again ... no thanks.

This. In the past the risk for drafting DMC was a lot lower because you could draft Bush in later rounds, now, total crap-shoot.

I'm all over him in round 3. I just have a feeling he's going to have a big year. (I said that last year too though) He'll be two years removed off that Lisfranc, back in the correct scheme, & it's his contract year.

He's going to be going in round 2 once the draft rolls around. I'm hoping he's dead to all the other owners in my league.

If you draft snake, maybe not worth it even as a 3rd rounder. But i play auction, and if i can get him for under $20, you bet your a** i'm taking him.

If you draft snake, maybe not worth it even as a 3rd rounder. But i play auction, and if i can get him for under $20, you bet your a** i'm taking him.

Agreed that Run DMC will most likely be more appealing in an auction format where you may be able to snag him for under $20. There's always solid bench RB that you can get late in an auction for even cheaper to back him up.

"yeah just draft DMC and make sure and get Goodson, and you'll be just fine"

-everyone last year

Trust me I am a HOF McFadden skeptic since 2011.

First I need to see the burst.

Next I gotta see that last year's ineptitude was mostly about scheme.

And as already stated, it's gotta be Reese and I gotta get him Ben Tate style.

If there is all kinds of doubt about the handcuff then I stay away from the whole mess.

That's a lot of qualifications.

I was pretty confident in him last year, drafting him high in a couple of leagues, and it seemed that they did some really weird things with him during the season.

He had 13 receptions in the Week 1 game, and then didn't have more than 3 receptions in any game until Week 7. It was unreal. I've got to attribute that to the coaching staff:

Receptions:

Week 01: 13

Week 02: 2

Week 03: 2

Week 04: 1

Week 06: 3

Week 07: 4

Week 08: 4

Week 09: 2

Week 14: 2

Week 15: 4

Week 16: 3

Week 17: 2

I tend to think he got a bit banged up during that Week 1 game from overuse; their passing game was failing, as was their running game. 15 carries for 32 yards, with an additional 13 receptions for 86 yards (and even more targets than that). 28 touches and the defense knew it was coming every single time, including around the goal-line.

I think Denarius Moore was also missing (injury) during that Week 1 game, which forced him to shoulder more of a load in the run game that week, and thus the extra attention he saw from the defense.

Getting banged up in Week 1 due to circumstances and severe misuse (both scheme, personnel, and playcalling) would seem like a reasonable explanation for the lackluster season. With a shift back to the power running scheme that he excelled in, I'd love to land him as my RB2 in 2013.

It's certainly a risk, but his upside remains. I'm a guy that was okay drafting Jahvid Best every year he's played in the NFL, due to his upside. If you do that, you obviously have to make sure that you have reliable RB depth in case of an injury to DMC (RB depth that isn't merely locking up his handcuff).

I'd consider him in the 2nd round. Would almost certainly grab him in the early 3rd if I got two good players in Rounds 1 and 2 that I loved. I'm still drinking the Kool-Aid, as I'm all about upside. Unless there's a player I like more than him, I'd be leaning heavily towards drafting him again in the earlier rounds.

Not even on my radar this year.

Hoping(waiting) for someone else to burn their 2nd rounder on him.

I was pretty confident in him last year, drafting him high in a couple of leagues, and it seemed that they did some really weird things with him during the season.

He had 13 receptions in the Week 1 game, and then didn't have more than 3 receptions in any game until Week 7. It was unreal. I've got to attribute that to the coaching staff:

Receptions:

Week 01: 13

Week 02: 2

Week 03: 2

Week 04: 1

Week 06: 3

Week 07: 4

Week 08: 4

Week 09: 2

Week 14: 2

Week 15: 4

Week 16: 3

Week 17: 2

I tend to think he got a bit banged up during that Week 1 game from overuse; their passing game was failing, as was their running game. 15 carries for 32 yards, with an additional 13 receptions for 86 yards (and even more targets than that). 28 touches and the defense knew it was coming every single time, including around the goal-line.

I think Denarius Moore was also missing (injury) during that Week 1 game, which forced him to shoulder more of a load in the run game that week, and thus the extra attention he saw from the defense.

Getting banged up in Week 1 due to circumstances and severe misuse (both scheme, personnel, and playcalling) would seem like a reasonable explanation for the lackluster season. With a shift back to the power running scheme that he excelled in, I'd love to land him as my RB2 in 2013.

It's certainly a risk, but his upside remains. I'm a guy that was okay drafting Jahvid Best every year he's played in the NFL, due to his upside. If you do that, you obviously have to make sure that you have reliable RB depth in case of an injury to DMC (RB depth that isn't merely locking up his handcuff).

I'd consider him in the 2nd round. Would almost certainly grab him in the early 3rd if I got two good players in Rounds 1 and 2 that I loved. I'm still drinking the Kool-Aid, as I'm all about upside. Unless there's a player I like more than him, I'd be leaning heavily towards drafting him again in the earlier rounds.

This makes me smile.

Also, I think that landing him as your RB2 helps to mitigate the risk involved with him. Burning a 1st Round pick on him could hurt in previous years, since he'd be your lead horse out of all your RB's. If he's your RB2 and he gets hurt, that's a lot easier to handle if your RB1 is still performing as expected.

Also, I think that landing him as your RB2 helps to mitigate the risk involved with him. Burning a 1st Round pick on him could hurt in previous years, since he'd be your lead horse out of all your RB's. If he's your RB2 and he gets hurt, that's a lot easier to handle if your RB1 is still performing as expected.

Yeah but would you rather spend your 2nd rounder on guys like Marshawn Lynch or someone like Darren McFadden? That early in the draft, I think it's too risky to be spending picks on the injury prone guys like him.