Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gbill2004

Cliff Lee 2013 Outlook

121 posts in this topic

Yes, this guy somehow ended up on all 6 of my teams this year. I must REALLY like his yahoo ADP value.

Expect elite stats but wins

This is a joke, right?

The Phillies have a lousy offense this year. Their OF is only a little better than the Mets. If Howard and Utley are healthy all season, they may get up to league average offense at best. Ben Revere? Domonic Brown / Delmon Young (hope springs eternal!). Michael Young. And which aging troika would you rather have -- Jeter/Arod//Tex or Rollins/Utley/Howard. I'll take the Yankees even with only half a season of ARod.

The Phillies 2014 are the Yankees 2013, except without Cano.

I will pick the Phils for 85 wins on the back of great pitching, with Lee going 14-10.

Expect elite stats but wins

This is a joke, right?

The Phillies have a lousy offense this year. Their OF is only a little better than the Mets. If Howard and Utley are healthy all season, they may get up to league average offense at best. Ben Revere? Domonic Brown / Delmon Young (hope springs eternal!). Michael Young. And which aging troika would you rather have -- Jeter/Arod//Tex or Rollins/Utley/Howard. I'll take the Yankees even with only half a season of ARod.

The Phillies 2014 are the Yankees 2013, except without Cano.

I will pick the Phils for 85 wins on the back of great pitching, with Lee going 14-10.

I asked that because wins are notoriously difficult to predict. I don't think anyone expected Lee to win just 6 games last year. That said, I think 14 wins is a reasonable projection. It shouldn't really be a significant factor in evaluating SP's, though.

I've got him as my #6 SP behind Kershaw, Verlander, Strasburg, Price and Hernandez. Stud.

Was a top 10, maybe even top 5 pitcher in baseball last year despite stupid Wins and Losses

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, March 7, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Debating whether to draft Lee or Greinke in my NL Only....

decisions decisions....

decisions decisions....

Lee

1 person likes this

decisions decisions....

Definitely Lee

8 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 8 K and gets a WIN(this is not a joke)

All vs a very strong ATL lineup. Love watching this guy pitch.

pitched great. would ve given a up a HR to freeman for sure in other conditions. but overall a great start.

His innings were so economical tonight. Love watching him pitch. 17 first pitch strikes to 26 batters, 78 strikes out of 106 pitches.

1 person likes this

I was shocked he dropped to me at pick 55, so I easily scooped him up there. Great first start

This guy dropped to me at pick

I was shocked he dropped to me at pick 55, so I easily scooped him up there. Great first start

Grabbed him at no 49 in my 14 man league, an ace of his caliber at that point was too good to pass up. Top 5 all day, regardless of whether he gets pointless wins (dumbest stat in sports).