Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J.T. Marlin

Carson Palmer 2013 Season Outlook

115 posts in this topic

If he indeed refuses to restructure his contract/lower his salary and is cut by OAK, how quick do you think the Cardinals are on the phone with his agent?

1 person likes this

you're giving the cardinals way too much credit by assuming they'd dial the right number

1 person likes this

If he goes to Arizona and they acquire another runningback(Chris Ivory), I think this offense could be pretty decent. I don't see Palmer being anything but a QB2 though.

But more importantly, this will boost Fitz's rankings right back up there to elite status imo. It wasn't but just two years ago where he still had like 1400 yards with the combination of Kolb/Skelton throwing them the ball.

Yeah, the Zona QB situation for fantasy is only relevant in terms of how it possibly helps Fitz.

I'm a Cardinals fan and I would love to see Palmer come to the desert.

I'm so tired of seeing passing yardage under 100-150 yards in a game log. I know Palmer throws picks but he also doesn't have a shortage of 300-400 yard passing games. We NEED a QB that can take advantage of Fitzgerald's talent.

From a fantasy perspective, it immediately returns Fitz to relavance....and the sleeper is Rob Housler.

I agree, Palmer to ARI could do wonders for Fitz. In other words, I can actually consider drafting him again, if he gets a decent arm like Palmer.

With Palmer, I'd have Fitz back in my Top 5 WR rankings and probably Top 3.

Fitzgerald's QBs have been so bad that this is now the Larry Fitzgerald 2013 Outlook thread.

1 person likes this

It really was a shame seeing his talent go to waste last year.

Four different QBs for a total of 3,380 yards, 11 TDs and 21 INT.

I had him in a 3 receiver league and he sat on my bench the entire second half of the season. Made me weep.

I had him in a 3 receiver league and he sat on my bench the entire second half of the season. Made me weep.

All this talk in the Megatron thread about you not taking a WR until the mid-later rounds yet you have Fitz on your team? :rolleyes:

All this talk in the Megatron thread about you not taking a WR until the mid-later rounds yet you have Fitz on your team? :rolleyes:

Two things on that....

It is a keeper league and he was one of my keepers.

I don't always wait until later to take a receiver, I just never take one in the first round. I will absolutely grab a stud receiver in the second If there is not a back I like available. Almost always after three rounds I will have 2backs and 1 receiver.:)

Even if Palmer ends up on the Cards i think the preseason performance will determine how far Fitz moves up my board.

There's no doubt that Palmer is better than any QB they have on their roster. However one of the main reasons the cards got such poor QB play was literally offensive play on their O-Line. I can't count the number of times commentators were just ragging on how poor the QB protection was and it pained me to see how many hits their QBs were taking on every pass play. Palmer has never been known as being mobile or having an outstanding pocket presence and he turns 34 next season. Fitz's fantasy value goes up if they sign Palmer, but without improvement in their O-Line play/personnel, I would temper my expectations for Fitz next season.

Two things on that....

It is a keeper league and he was one of my keepers.

I don't always wait until later to take a receiver, I just never take one in the first round. I will absolutely grab a stud receiver in the second If there is not a back I like available. Almost always after three rounds I will have 2backs and 1 receiver. :)

You go from always taking 3 RBs in rounds 1-3 to sometimes grabbing a stud receiver?

Even if Palmer ends up on the Cards i think the preseason performance will determine how far Fitz moves up my board.

There's no doubt that Palmer is better than any QB they have on their roster. However one of the main reasons the cards got such poor QB play was literally offensive play on their O-Line. I can't count the number of times commentators were just ragging on how poor the QB protection was and it pained me to see how many hits their QBs were taking on every pass play. Palmer has never been known as being mobile or having an outstanding pocket presence and he turns 34 next season. Fitz's fantasy value goes up if they sign Palmer, but without improvement in their O-Line play/personnel, I would temper my expectations for Fitz next season.

Their line was bad but even then, Kolb and Skelton aren't that great. Throw in Hoyer and whoever the other guy was, and you have a recipe for complete failure.

Nooooo. What I said was given the choice I would always select three backs rather than three receivers.

He would most likely go to the Bills but the guy is an A-hole they did him a favor getting him out of Cinci the least he could do is restructure. They gave up alot to get him.

Palmer would be an upgrade on paper, however...

mobility of a 1252128466_09b05784e2_z.jpg

+ OL

Sieve.jpg

=

clausen-hit-bengals-crocker-apjpg-f189301817b287be.jpg

1 person likes this

There will be a bidding war between the Bills, Browns, Cardinals, and Jags for this guy. Maybe Palmer really is a genius....

There will be teams who can use him but he seems to be content with not playing or being a backup somewhere on a good team. He simply lacks a passion for football. I guess playing for crappy franchises for so long has been draining.

Well, he's a Cardinal. Fitz & Michael Floyd get a big boost in my rankings. Housler becomes an interesting sleeper TE. Let's just hope that ARI uses the #7 pick on one of the elite OT prospects. Maybe they trade for Albert or sign Andre Smith or Winston. Plus, didn't RT Bobby Massie and some other rookie o-linemen (forgetting who) show some substantial progress towards the end of the season? This could be a really improved offense for 2013.

I'd take Palmer as my late-round backup QB, if I actually rostered a backup QB. More of a safety net than an actual option, unless he's playing a supremely easy matchup vs a defense that is turrible against the pass.

I'd take Palmer as my late-round backup QB, if I actually rostered a backup QB. More of a safety net than an actual option, unless he's playing a supremely easy matchup vs a defense that is turrible against the pass.

I think he could be a solid QB2. If anything, I see him getting garbage points often enough like last year.

I'll say this again. disaster written all over this. people still dont realize how offensive that line is.