Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pfresh

Official Fantasy Basketball Playoffs Thread 2012-2013

192 posts in this topic

Playoffs for a lot of teams are starting next weekend. Are you in or are you out?

I am in :D . I currently hold the 2nd spot in my 14 team league but will not be able to take the #1 spot.

After my Rondo went down, I thought my fantasy team was doomed. Rondo went down, Dwight went down, Thad young went down, and Sanders went down all in about a week or so.

My fantasy team is holding enough ground right now. Everyone is healthy but Jarrett Jack is definitely slumping and I need him more than ever. I hope Sanders stays healthy and I need Kawhi to dominate the next couple of weeks.

I got a playoff spot locked in my team 1. My team 2 I'm still fighting for a spot, now I see what the whole strength of schedule thing is about....

yaaaaay I can't wait for more shutdowns and injuries!!!

My playoffs started awhile ago, I won the first round by tiebreaker. I'm doomed this round...

Currently in 2nd, top 2 teams get a first round bye. 3rd place team is only 1.5 games behind. Last week of the season.

75% of my teams are in. I'm prepping for a tough matchup next week in my money league. Lost Kyrie and Gortat recently in that one. Not to mention the plethora of inj I already have. I'm looking at the schedule and ease rankings and hoping my opponent doesn't stream like I'm planning on doing. Got 7 adds per-week.

Proud to say I made playoffs in all 5 of my leagues. #1 seed in two leagues with a bye week. I've been fortunate this year with injuries, hopeful I can avoid any major ones in the playoffs.

Damn 5 is alot. I used to do more than 2 leagues a year but finally cut down 2 years ago to only 1 league per sport.

The more i was in the more I lost.

Won my 18 team league last year in basketball.

Won my 12 league football league this year.

And hopefully I can win this year and make it back to back for basketball.

Damn 5 is alot. I used to do more than 2 leagues a year but finally cut down 2 years ago to only 1 league per sport.

The more i was in the more I lost.

True. You can only handle so many teams efficiently. I managed 9 fbball teams last year and it was just impossible to be on top of everything.

#2 seed (team 2) in playoffs right now actually. started last week/ end this week. Down 6-3 currently. Pau, Granger, Millsap, and Hinrich are killing me with injuries and I have 400 bones on the line for 1st place. Won 150 so far winning my division and team of the wk 4x. :angry: Need to win this!

3 more days til fb playoffs! killing the guy im playing right now 8-2. and will meet him in the 1st round.

Cant wait!

1 person likes this

I'm in the #1 spot however I've lost Kyrie, Varaejo, Kirlienko, and Love which has hurt me the last couple weeks. Not sure how well I will do!

I'm number one in my league and i feel i can still win even if Durant went down. My team is a juggernaut.

I'm 4th in my league and with all the trading I have been doing I'm in quite a good spot. Already started playoffs and almost done my first week. Dominating so far. My team says it all doesn't it?

I'm in at the #1 spot . Just hoping Batum can get healthy for my run. Thanks for the help here fellow roto ppl.

3 more days til fb playoffs! killing the guy im playing right now 8-2. and will meet him in the 1st round.

Cant wait!

I thought the same thing in football. I beat the guy by 30 the last week of the regular season. He was 7th, I was 2nd. He beat me in the first round.

Anyhow, I am 1st in my money league. I Picked up Pau Gasol as I think I can pull of the victory next week against an 8th seed who has Melo a few average players and scrubs.

I also made the playoffs in my other 3 leagues.

had so many injuries hitting my team the last 3 weeks of the season that now i went from having a bye heading into the playoffs to just hoping my team can beat the lower seed in the first round. I doubt both my teams are good enough to win the championship this year...

Help! what should I do?!!

After a loss last week that snapped a 16 week winning streak, my team is crumbling at a critical time through injuries, real world trades, and performance slumps.

I'm 14 games ahead of 2nd position in 12 team H2H league over 9 Cats. I usually dominate 3's, points, boards, & assists and take what I can get of the others. FG% and turnovers kills me. Lately with losing Irving, inconsistency at critical times and Jarrett Jack/Kyle Korver's number not awesome, I lost 3-6 to a poor team last week (thank you Derron W and your 11 3's in a game) and I am down this week as well. I am not used to being challenged, certainly not by teams that wont even make the playoffs.

Current team is:

Irving

G Hill

Felton

J Jack

Pierce

Parsons

K Thompson

Korver

J Green

Nowitzki

T Thompson

Noah

J Thompson

I want to bolster FG% and minimise turnovers, and need to replace Irvings assists. Available players in my league include Andre Miller, Tobias Harris and Martel Webster. I was thinking of dropping Green, Korver and Jack, but I am wary of Jack having & Korver having a resurgence. The biggest question is what to do about Irving? Do I gamble and hold on in case he comes back just in time to help me just when I might need it, do I wait another week and see what news is of his injury while I have the playoff bye but risk losing the best replacement options to others, or do I dump him now and grab the best options available?

Any suggestions highly appreciated!!

Number 1 seed. I lost Rondo and Kyrie, but have managed to stash Pau and Rose as replacements. Would be so awesome if they return in time to help me during the april matchups, because that's the only time I foresee needing them.

My team will play 41 games next week (10 starters, everyone plays four games with Lillard having 5). Don't think there is a snowball's chance in hell my opponent can compete.

Portland's the only team that has 5 games during playoff weeks (21-24) for a total of 15

Somehow that's still one game less than the Wolves and Knicks.

I got an injured Pek and AK with a gimpy Batum and the ROY. :(

A bunch of games if they can come back and stay healthy.

Portland's the only team that has 5 games during playoff weeks (21-24) for a total of 15

Somehow that's still one game less than the Wolves and Knicks.

I got an injured Pek and AK with a gimpy Batum and the ROY. :(

A bunch of games if they can come back and stay healthy.

Yeah after the 5 game week they go to 3-4-3 and then 2 if the league counted the last 4 days of week 25. I have Batum and Wesley so I want to capitalize on the 5-gamer and then just cut Matthews afterwards if needed.

Number 1 seed locked up 2 weeks ago. Drafted Andrew Bynum 6th Overall Pick.

Other then having 2 bust during my draft (Bynum1st/ Dragic 3rd), got many 1st-3rd row value with my later picks (Batum 4th/George 5th/ Curry 6th/ Duncan/ 9th/Mayo 10th)

J.R. Smith/Kemba Walker - My Waiver Wire pickups of the year. Both producing throughout the year.

Dropped Kenneth Faried During the year because he was making me pull out my hair. Anyone else dropped him?

Picked up a whole bunch of Injuried Players going into Playoffs. Hopefully they don't burn me like Bynum did. Rose/Gasol/AK don't disappoint.