Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pfresh

Tony Gonzalez 2013 Season Outlook

313 posts in this topic

So much for being retired. But I'm glad he will be back for another... 2 years. Lol

Falcons re-signed TE Tony Gonzalez to a two-year, $14 million contract.

The deal contains $7 million guaranteed. The 2014 side of the deal will almost certainly be treated as a player option. Gonzalez's 2013 cap charge is $5.25 million. Newly 37, Gonzalez racked up 93 catches for 930 yards and eight touchdowns in 2012, ranking third among tight ends in fantasy points. We expect he'll be a top five or six finisher again in 2013. Dirk Koetter's pass-first offense has a buoying effect even if Gonzo's on-field performance slips a bit.

Glad he's coming back...never believed him in the first place haha

One of the real good guys in the NFL. That team is loaded up and ready to rock...

I'll take the Tony Gonzo ride again like last year in a heartbeat. He treated me very well in 2012. I remember being so "disappointed" for missing out on Jermichael Finley in the 7th round of last year's draft, and therefore "settling" for the age-old Tony G. Boy was that a blessing in disguise...

I'll try and find a decent TE2 just cuz of his age of course, but the dude is a stud and I won't hesitate to make sure and grab wherever his ADP shakes up.

Too old for me. I'll pass on him but I expect him to be pretty productive with maybe a bit of fall off the last few weeks.

If you're targetting Breadstick Forearm Dronk, or Grammy Jim in the early rounds . . . and you don't get them . . . you might as well grab Gonzo. He's always gonna produce. And if track record means anything--and to me it does--he is, in the injury prone rating scale(which no one has adopted yet but will) a 1.

A 1!

Indestructible.

If you're targetting Breadstick Forearm Dronk, or Grammy Jim in the early rounds . . . and you don't get them . . . you might as well grab Gonzo. He's always gonna produce. And if track record means anything--and to me it does--he is, in the injury prone rating scale(which no one has adopted yet but will) a 1.

A 1!

Indestructible.

Well spoken, I only worry that he will be sort of over valued come draft day.

He was the #3 TE last season behind Gronk & graham by 9 pts, but that was with graham in an off yr and Gronk missing 6 or 7 games. So he will likely finish somewhere within 15 pts up or down from last season, where as the other two will score about 40 more if they return to form leaving a big gap between them and tony G. i get the feeling that once the top 2 go it won;t be long before someone feels froced to grab Tony, leaving little value to drafting him at his likely adp where as he came cheap last yr as cbe_88 mentioned

In reality(and sobriety) I think I might be in the extreme wait for a TE camp on draft day this year.

A 1!

Indestructible.

Well spoken, I only worry that he will be sort of over valued come draft day.

He was the #3 TE last season behind Gronk & graham by 9 pts, but that was with graham in an off yr and Gronk missing 6 or 7 games. So he will likely finish somewhere within 15 pts up or down from last season, where as the other two will score about 40 more if they return to form leaving a big gap between them and tony G. i get the feeling that once the top 2 go it won;t be long before someone feels froced to grab Tony, leaving little value to drafting him at his likely adp where as he came cheap last yr as cbe_88 mentioned

Agree, I'll wait a few rounds and grab Cook or Rudolph.

With S-Jax out a few weeks I think we will see the re-emergence of Gonzo as a key cog in this Falcons offense. Hopefully it continues after Jackson returns...

Gonna try n sell him high. Idk what he is doing?

He should be putting up Jimmy G numbers... One more week Tony G

All his production came in the first quarter. Did the Dolphins double him the rest of the game? This was quite the disappearing act. It looked as though he was in store for a big game at the conclusion of the first quarter.

Glad these clowns convinced him to come back for one more year just so he can block all game and have absolutely no part of the offense.

he guy is basically just a lineman right now. And whenever he isnt, Matty doesnt even look his way.

Slow start...cause for concern. But unless you also drafted Cameron or Thomas, you're probably stuck starting him until he gets going.

My hope is that once Roddy is back and playing a bigger role than he is currently playing (decoy), it will give Gonzo those one-on-one matchups that he has, in the past, exploited to his and our advantage.