Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gbill2004

Wandy Rodriguez 2013 Outlook

74 posts in this topic

i had totally discarded him from my mind... then he went out and had very sharp breaking stuff yesterday, vintage wandy, and i got a little excited he can be a great back of the rotation fantasy guy ... and so that's just how fickle we are this time of year

Solid back end SP depending on your league size. I think he can put up 12 to 15 Wins with a 3.30 to 3.70 ERA and 7.5 K/9.

Same exact numbers as last guy. Guy is as steady as they come it seems.

Wandy's a boring guy to own. He's right up there with Phillips to me. That being said, I'll probably end up taking him late in my draft. He's a forgotten man.

Soooooo boring to own. So many starters out there that I would rather have over him. Unless its NL only or a very deep 14+ team mixed league, I would want this guy nowhere near my roster. I'd rather have younger lefties like Ross Detwiler, over Wandy.

K-rate and SwStrk % plummeted last year. I'd be wary.

Yup. Big increase in Z-Contact is scary too. Seems like he's losing his "stuff". Had been hovering around 87% for his career, it spiked to 90% last year

Hurt his leg during the 3rd.. and wont be going out any longer.. Didnt look serious but something to keep an eye on

Hurt his leg during the 3rd.. and wont be going out any longer.. Didnt look serious but something to keep an eye on

Its sad to say I wish it was more serious... Just because of Cole

Anybody rolling him out against the Braves on Friday? Looks like ERA/Whip suicide ... but it is in Pittsburgh.

Anybody rolling him out against the Braves on Friday? Looks like ERA/Whip suicide ... but it is in Pittsburgh.

i think you gotta be slightly crazy to start anyone against the braves right now. that whole lineup is on fire.

He's making

i think you gotta be slightly crazy to start anyone against the braves right now. that whole lineup is on fire.

He's makin' them look silly.

I have 4 ATL bats in my lineup. Of course.

Magic Wandy is dealing!

Pittsburgh is awesome at home. The defense steps up and the pitching is always over its head.

One day these forums will realize this.

(Easy for me to say since I don't own him - I might've benched him as well if I had him, lol) :wub:

I had him benched due to his hammy issue and the cold weather plus the Braves bats but it's good to see a strong outing.

He had everything working last nite and Martin did a great job on mixing up the calls.

i need a replacement for R. zimmerman, hes playing @phillies next week, can't decide, wondering when he will revert back to his usual.

He's been a real solid pitcher. He's looked great so far this season.

Looking back at his starts after he was traded & I think he had 13 starts. 9 of them were quality starts so he's seems pretty comfortable as a Pirate.

Must start tonight? I have great ratios thus far and would hate to blow things up

I only like him at home. Pirates as a team struggle on the road.

I think it will be a low-scoring game in general so he probably won't hurt you too much but I'm sure this won't be one of his best starts

Tonight? he's on the road again coming off a pretty unimpressive last start

He's a must start stud!

on what grounds? Wandy is serviceable at best, sit on all road starts at the worst..... the term "STUD" is way overused