Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheWrightStuff

Chad Billingsley 2013 Outlook

25 posts in this topic

What's the word with this guy? He seems to be progressing this Spring after last year was cut short.

As the Dodgers 5th starter (assuming he earns it, with Kersh, Greinke, Beckett, and Ryu also in the rotation), what do you think of him as a low end fantasy option?

I like him as a late option. Good K's, decent ERA, should have some good run support. He will WHIP you silly, but as a bench option, you can't have it all.

Come on Bills....hold together.

One healthy season in that 5th spot is all we're asking for.

12-13 Wins, some K's, and manageable ERA.

I like the late round value he offers, but man this guy has burned me so many times before.

How is it looking for Bills in the Dodgers rotation?

Is he expected to pitch on Apr 2nd?

anybody gambling on Bills start tomorrow @SD? I'm debating picking him up, his upside intrigues me, but you know he'll get hurt right about the time you pick him up.

anybody gambling on Bills start tomorrow @SD? I'm debating picking him up, his upside intrigues me, but you know he'll get hurt right about the time you pick him up.

My initial thought: why not? I think the realistic worst case scenario is something like 5IP, 6H, 4ER, 2BB, 3K. But he has the upside to throw a 7IP, 3H, 0ER, 7K game. His last time out @SD in April 2012, he went 8.1IP, 3H, 0ER, 1BB, 11K.

Padres haven't put up more than 4 runs in a game yet and that has been against the truly mediocre staffs of NYM and COL.

I think he will offer a serviceable outing tomorrow and I will be confidently streaming him tomorrow in a 10-team mixed.

My initial thought: why not? I think the realistic worst case scenario is something like 5IP, 6H, 4ER, 2BB, 3K. But he has the upside to throw a 7IP, 3H, 0ER, 7K game. His last time out @SD in April 2012, he went 8.1IP, 3H, 0ER, 1BB, 11K.

Padres haven't put up more than 4 runs in a game yet and that has been against the truly mediocre staffs of NYM and COL.

I think he will offer a serviceable outing tomorrow and I will be confidently streaming him tomorrow in a 10-team mixed.

And here is an encouraging write-up from ESPN's Daily Notes, which lists Billingsley as the 4th best SP going tomorrow...

Chad Billingsley is owned in just 3 percent of the ESPN.com universe, a number that will surely rise when fantasy players realize that he's coming off the DL to pitch Wednesday against the San Diego Padres at Petco Park. Billingsley's elbow tendon is completely healed, and he has been masterful against the Padres over the years with a 2.62 ERA, 1.19 WHIP and 8.4 K/9 in 26 career outings (22 starts). San Diego has slugged a paltry .299 against the right-hander in these 584 plate appearances, and his numbers over 84 innings at Petco are even more impressive (2.36 ERA, 1.05 WHIP, 8.3 K/9). Considering the Los Angeles Dodgers are 12-6 in San Diego over the past two seasons, and the Padres just scored a total of six runs over three games at Coors Field, Billingsley should be starting in all fantasy formats on Wednesday.

I should have plugged him or Lynn in for the week instead of Beckett...:(

he's lucky his first start back was against the Padres, that's all i'm gonna say...

pretty "meh" overall........ topped out at 92 on the gun. relatively erratic throwing a bunch of balls (3 walks i think) and it seemed like the hitters were just sitting on the fast ball as everytime he threw a curve is was way out of the zone and didn't fool anyone

Ended with a QS because it was against SD, but i may throw him back to the wire

Facing the Padres at home for the next start so not dropping him yet.

Not that long ago he was supposed to be a potential Cy Young contender...

Baseball is an unforgiving game. Careers get derailed just like that.

A pitcher homering to center is pretty impressive. I can't remember the last pitcher to do that.

god, it's so easy to hit against Bills. If it's not a fastball, DON'T EVER SWING since it going to always end up in the dirt or high and away.

It's maddening that he can't get his secondary stuff any where near the strike zone.

It concerned me that he never had surgery on his shoulder/arm problems.

i didn't see anything positive tonight.... i will be dropping

i didn't see anything positive tonight.... i will be dropping

I'm in a really deep league so I am hanging onto him. I'll take a QS from him. I expect him to be a 6 IP, 4-6 K, sub 4.00 ERA guy this season. He's been at this status for the past couple years. A guy who's consistent has a spot on my team.

Looks like this is the end of the road for Buzzsaw for this season and next. You have to think he will have surgery.

It concerned me that he never had surgery on his shoulder/arm problems.

good call!