Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Edelman

Adeiny Hechevarria 2013 Outlook

14 posts in this topic

They guy is pretty certain to be the starting SS for the Marlins this year. He's also pretty certain to stink, with a poor batting average to go with fewer than 10 HR and 10 SB.

The question is, would you carry him on a roster even in the deepest possible league? Or would your team be better off with a dead man who never played an inning?

Right now I'm voting for avoid -- .240 / 4 / 35 / 5 probably has negative value.

I'm in an NL only league, and I'm not even considering drafting him. His upside is almost nonexistent.

NL only leagues only. My projections for him are not pretty:

.246 BA / .633 OPS / 50 R / 6 HR / 44 RBI / 8 SB

2 for 2 with a HR and 7 RBI's today. He's still useless, but I thought this thread was worth a bump after his start to the game.

pretty impressive game today. the scouting report on him is that he's an excellent defender, but will struggle to offer much in terms of hitting. still hes apparently the everyday ss for the marlins. i'll be paying attention to see how he progresses

Crazy game that will probably trick some managers into picking him up in the near future. Most days their offense is a wasteland, however.

this guy has been on a quiet tear....

He really has been and hes having another nice game tonight. So far 2/3 with a double a run an rbi and a steal

1 person likes this

24 year old 2b/3b/ss should be getting more attention...

If he played 160 games, he'd have 4 HR, 10 SB, 45 R, 45 RBI, and a .260 average.

Color me feh

Total BABIP driven streak. Has a .500 BABIP in July with an .069 ISO. Absolutely nothing to see unless you're in a 20 teamer or deep NL only. Jose Iglesias Part 2.