Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

killa3312

David Price 2013 Outlook

508 posts in this topic

Surprised there hasn't been a thread about him yet, reigning Cy Young award winner and my favorite pitcher in the league to watch.

Any predictions? Step back or another step forward?

Surprised there hasn't been a thread about him yet, reigning Cy Young award winner and my favorite pitcher in the league to watch.

Any predictions? Step back or another step forward?

It's hard to take a step forward from a Cy young season in terms of stats. Saying that, I still think he will finish among the top 5 Starting Pitchers. Definitely one of the elite, my projections for him are: 17 wins, 2.9 era, 205 k's

I think Price can be better than last year, that's scary! I think Price and Mad Max will be two top pitchers in AL.

He's going to be awesome:

210 IP / 16 W / 3.06 ERA / 1.17 WHIP / 199 Ks / 8.55 Ks per 9

He's going to be awesome:

210 IP / 16 W / 3.06 ERA / 1.17 WHIP / 199 Ks / 8.55 Ks per 9

That's quite conservative IMO. He is an elite pitcher, and easily a top 4 pitcher in the league. I'm projecting something like 18 wins (crapshoot) 215 IP 2.8 ERA 1.10 WHIP 210 Ks

wow he sucks this year. can't believe i targeted both this bum and hamels thinking i'd be fine with my pitching. thankfully i got real studs like harvey. gtfo price.

wow 3 run bomb to freaking reynolds. lol

price is waiver fodder.

can someone inform this bum that the 2013 season has begun!!

wow he sucks this year. can't believe i targeted both this bum and hamels thinking i'd be fine with my pitching. thankfully i got real studs like harvey. gtfo price.

price is waiver fodder.

Good to see you are in midseason frorm in Early April!

price is waiver fodder.

The Cy Young award he won last year must be a fluke.

I know its against the mighty Indians ( ;)) but damn. Come on Price! Still my favorite pitcher.

lol, people being oblivious to the fact that some players just suck year to year. this just happens to be the year that price sucks and will be unownable. it happens, don't be so defensive. haha

biggest mistake was listening to 'experts' saying that price was on the bottom of the first tier behind the likes of kershaw, strasburg, felix and verlander. price is more along the lines of a beckett tier.

lol, people being oblivious to the fact that some players just suck year to year. this just happens to be the year that price sucks and will be unownable. it happens, don't be so defensive. haha

biggest mistake was listening to 'experts' saying that price was on the bottom of the first tier behind the likes of kershaw, strasburg, felix and verlander. price is more along the lines of a beckett tier.

I cant wait to bump and paste this post at the end of the year.

1 person likes this

I cant wait to bump and paste this post at the end of the year.

he's venting y'all. the funnest part of these sp threads is pimping your guy after a good start and trashing him when he's down

he's venting y'all. the funnest part of these sp threads is pimping your guy after a good start and trashing him when he's down

We have a vent and rant thread.

In any event, he's not venting. He's being stupid. He just compared David Price to being in the same tier as Josh Beckett.

1 person likes this

im pretty sure this was the worst outing in his freak

ing career....of course i drafted him for the first time this year..

if he plays well then sure call this venting, if he continues to suck i'll just say i told you so. it's all good. you can't sit there and be ohhhhh well from a guy you took in the 2nd or 3rd of draft thinking you got a SAFE pitcher. he has never had back to back s--- efforts like this in his life. this is the start of a horrendous season. i remember last year with romero ya'll were going yahh gotta hold on he'll come back. and yes i just compared ricky fn romero to david price.

1 person likes this

Price had some stinkers last year. I'm not worried yet.

However, his FB was down a few ticks I think into the low 90s, and he does throw a lot of sliders, so always the chance for a masked injury or mechanical issue here.

This sucks.

if he plays well then sure call this venting, if he continues to suck i'll just say i told you so. it's all good. you can't sit there and be ohhhhh well from a guy you took in the 2nd or 3rd of draft thinking you got a SAFE pitcher. he has never had back to back s--- efforts like this in his life. this is the start of a horrendous season. i remember last year with romero ya'll were going yahh gotta hold on he'll come back. and yes i just compared ricky fn romero to david price.

I have to remember Hunjee's posts whenever I'm feeling down and need a good chortle

1 person likes this

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, April 7, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

RA Dickey owner here. Trying to make a trade for Price ( Feel Way more safer with Price than Dickey).

Was is the difference in value between the two pitchers.

guys just accept it, he's too busy doing commercials trying to be funny that he forgot how to pitch. it happens. cut bait and get a bettter pitcher, there's like 120 better ones to choose from. lol

guys just accept it, he's too busy doing commercials trying to be funny that he forgot how to pitch. it happens. cut bait and get a bettter pitcher, there's like 120 better ones to choose from. lol

Make a statement and drop his a**! Show that bust who is boss.