Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tucker26

2013 Matt 'Fat' Adams Outlook

244 posts in this topic

Still doesnt look like an athlete but he has lost weight. Needs injuries to be considered relevant this season

I would think that they would start him off at AAA just so he can continue to develop and get some regular PT instead of riding the pine. When that injury/etc happens, then bring him up.

He is tearing it up this spring. Expected to come off the bench and be relent in NL Only and deeper formats.

Depending on his playing time, Fat Adams (no longer fat, btw), should smack 20 or so HR's. This isn't his first rodeo.

I heard he cut out the gluten and isn't quite as fat this year. Damn shame.

It's not that, he's on a budget, not going to buffet 7 days a week, just 6 days.

Why is this thread not 30 pages long yet?

Maybe because it is all garbage lol posts about his weight. How about we talk about how he is a huge late round sleeper who could end up being a great source of power if and when injury strikes a brittle cardinals team? Or should I make another lame fat joke?

2 people like this

Maybe because it is all garbage lol posts about his weight. How about we talk about how he is a huge late round sleeper who could end up being a great source of power if and when injury strikes a brittle cardinals team? Or should I make another lame fat joke?

Ya, let's talk about how I will be laughing when people want to trade me for him:)

Nice lame fat joke! :)

2 people like this

Nice lame fat joke! :)

Wow that guy is so insensative to people's personal issues. Not cool Dwight.

We get it, you think he's fat, but so is Prince, or panda, and a number of established MLB players, point is, Adams does offer pop and a decent BA, and potential playing time in that potent O has value, and could be very useful for those of us in dynasty and deep bench keeper leagues. I thought this was why we came here, But coming here and reading nothing but fat jokes does a disservice to these forums.

This kid has a ton of potential, and for those who are looking for potential sleepers that use rotoworld forums for information, like I do at times, it would be a shame to turn this thread into the same joke thread it was last year, having to scroll through post after post of nothing but fat jokes, or into another L. Cain thread, filled with nothing but utterly useless drivel. Whats the point? If all you want is to have some fun, I suggest opening a thread for the mere purpose of saying whatever you want about any player you want, but leave the player threads for what they're intended. Thanks.

1 person likes this

Ronny Cedeno being cut yesterday essentially ensures Adams is going to make the team.

They've already been saying that Holliday is going to get a day off a week, against his will if that's what it takes. Beltran is going to get a day, and Craig will get a day off here and there.

So if Adams finds his way into the starting lineup 3/7 days, and gets a PH in almost every other game, that's around 16 ABs a week.

That would measure out to around 350-375 ABs this year.

If that all stands up... I'm sure Holliday won't get as much time off as they're saying. He's not going to allow that, unless he's hurt.

But Craig is more comfortable in the OF to begin with, so he goes to OF and Adams at 1B if there's any injury or day off.

Deep leagues, grab him IMO

1 person likes this

I am just wondering if he is worth a late round grab for a UTIL or 1B spot to platoon him when he starts and then wait for injury? His power potential is legit.

I am just wondering if he is worth a late round grab for a UTIL or 1B spot to platoon him when he starts and then wait for injury? His power potential is legit.

Depends on the specifics of each individual league. Since baseball has a gamut variations, the answer is, depends on your league.

3-6 with a run, all singles.

Still, not Baaaaaaaad

1 person likes this

3/4 with a double and 2 RBI in his second start. The Cards have to find room for him in the lineup more often.

1 person likes this

Unfortunately, until a trade is made, Adams playing time will prolly be limited.

At least until craig gets hurt again.

This is reminds of Zobrist Watch 2009 in which I couldn't pull the trigger while he was a utility player, but watched him closely. Then I missed out on him when he got a full time role.

As stated previously, I didn't want to miss the boat a la Zobrist in 2009, so I picked him up and plugged him in due to injuries and days off from other players. My reward? A pinch-hit 2-run homer. Booyah!