Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

billydough

Kendrys Morales 2013 outlook

60 posts in this topic

This guy boned me last year so naturally I drafted him again.

No blurbs on Yahoo yet, what do you guys see from him this season? Too lazy to look up the numbers from last season but I think I recall him showing increased power in the second half.

Lets hear it.

1 person likes this

Yup, .248 ISO in the 2nd half compared to .142 in the first half. Definitely seemed like he came slow out of the gate after being out for so long. He's a guy that I feel like a lot of people are too down on this year and I am targeting in the mid-rounds as a DH or backup 1B.

I think a lot of people are put off by the move in lineups from LAA to SEA and the fact that he's hitting in Safeco, but it's not like Angels Stadium is a hitters paradise either, and -- although I never buy too much into this -- they ARE moving the fences in this year.

In addition, the move from LAA to SEA will bring him way more PA's. He got caught up in the Trumbo/Pujols situation last year, and without being much service on the field, missed out on a lot of playing time. He should play almost every day in Seattle.

It's easy to forget the guy is only 2 seasons removed from hitting .300 with 34 bombs (Granted it was 3 years, but only 2 seasons of wear and tear on his body). He's obviously not going to return to those numbers, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him hit .280 with 28 HRs while most projections have him closer to .260/22. He hit 14 HRs in the second half last year and that was in somewhat limited playing time, prorated to a full season he could hypothetically hit close to 30.

One thing I like about him this season is it's a contract year for him. I do think he'll have a pretty solid season & there is a chance SEA could move him at the deadline (to a team with a better park to hit in).

Been taking him late as my backup to Ike Davis or Eric Hosmer, depending on who's been there in my drafts. He's a wonderfully boring, almost sleepy pick who's way off most radars. I'm hoping to catch LaRoche-like lightning in a bottle with him.

every draft I was in shocked me the way Morales kept falling and falling... another reason why 1B is incredibily deep this year.... drafting Rizzo/Ike Davis/Hosmer/Freeman/Trumbo along with Morales is a great way to go if you miss out on Fielder/Votto or decide to use your early round picks on 3B/SS/OF studs...

Looked 100% this spring. I know we hate to look at ST numbers but it was nice to see him playing so well. I expect a good yr from him.

Just hit his 2nd HR of the season and is hitting .250 with 8 RBI. Nothing spectacular, but could get a bump in production if anyone was ever on base... Mariners need to call up Zunino ASAP, Smoak and Ackley are killing them.

his bb% is way up and his k% is way down. can we expect this to stick or is it just sss stuff? i ask because he's starting to hit the ww in some of my shallow leagues and i want to know if y'all think that good things lie ahead

his bb% is way up and his k% is way down. can we expect this to stick or is it just sss stuff? i ask because he's starting to hit the ww in some of my shallow leagues and i want to know if y'all think that good things lie ahead

I noticed the same thing. By now I think that BB% and K% stats have stabilized. I think he makes a really intriguing buy low candidate.

hitting better now that Saunders is back in the lineup

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, May 3, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Wow, not much there on this guy. I had Aramis just come back and was looking to see who I should waive in his place. Doesn't appear many would argue I keep him. Really no interest in this guy on the boards. Sounds like a safe guy to cut.

Heating up. 2 run jack today. Knew it was going to come, he always hits better in the Summer.

Nearing .300 in average, only guy in Mariners lineup driving in runs. I'd pick him up.

Morales is definitely a slow starter. Even during his big campaign a few years ago, he didn't really come on until late may/june and didn't start beasting til july and august. But it started like this. A slow burn to end may and then a ramp up through the summer. Buy now.

2 people like this

Too bad everyone besides him and Seager on seattle lineup is minor league caliber

3-5 2b 2 more ribbies today... buy him now. the window is gonna close soon, Mariner or not. They're making changes to get that lineup going.

yup, i picked him up earlier today. just cannot ignore that .850+ OPS for much longer especially with his track record.

Thanks for the heads up, just picked him up as I could use some help at HR/RBI

never lost faith in you Kendrys!

Dude's been hitting...

He's still a slug ;)