Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LyondellBasell

Edwin Jackson 2013 Outlook

51 posts in this topic

I drafted this guy. I have no idea why. It was just one of those late picks. I've only owned him as a streamer years ago, not last year.

So I got to look up his thread to see people's thoughts, and there's nothing

I figure most people are just sooo over him? ... I dunno ... can someone tell me why there's reason to be excited here? is there still a higher cieling than what we've seen?

I don't think there is a higher ceiling. I'd take him in roto, but it's hard for me to get on board with an inconsistent #5 in H2H that might ruin your good pitchers starts.

YR FIP xFIP

10- 3.87 3.71

11- 3.55 3.73

12- 3.85 3.79

K/9 ~7.0 every year.

Why doesn't he get more love? I don't think last year's 8 K/9 is sustainable but he's a solid back-end arm in mixed leagues and he gets no love.

1 person likes this

YR FIP xFIP

10- 3.87 3.71

11- 3.55 3.73

12- 3.85 3.79

K/9 ~7.0 every year.

Why doesn't he get more love? I don't think last year's 8 K/9 is sustainable but he's a solid back-end arm in mixed leagues and he gets no love.

Pitching in a terrible park/lineup & in the same division as the Cardinals (who historically OWN him). His shortstop is freakin rich man's Ronny Cedeno (Starlin Castro)

YR FIP xFIP

10- 3.87 3.71

11- 3.55 3.73

12- 3.85 3.79

K/9 ~7.0 every year.

I don't get it either. I understand the Cubs hurting his value a bit this year, but he gets hated on every year while putting up consistenly above-average numbers. I will gladly draft him when he falls every year. And his WHIP over the last 4 years, 1.33, is league average. Either way, who cares when he doesn't let it kill him?

YR FIP xFIP

10- 3.87 3.71

11- 3.55 3.73

12- 3.85 3.79

K/9 ~7.0 every year.

Why isn't his K/9 sustainable? His SwStrk% shot thru the roof last year...if anything, his K/9 should be higher.

I don't think there is a higher ceiling. I'd take him in roto, but it's hard for me to get on board with an inconsistent #5 in H2H that might ruin your good pitchers starts.

i take the opposite approach. i'd rather a guy implode in h2h, at least once the weeks over, the damage is done and i don't gotta trying working down the era wreckage for a month.

Bouncing everything out there this inning.. Doesnt have any control today looks like

who's rolling him out there today? I'm a Milwaukeean and the brewers have to bounce back one of these days. its cold and rainy today in Chicago, and i guess the wind is blowing hard out to left....thoughts?????????

Rolling with him in my weekly because of the two starts, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about both. Hoping for a handful of K's and as little ERA and WHIP destruction as possible.

It was a bad start, but it could have been worse after that 1st inning. Maybe I just have a rosey outlook on bad starts since Price was bad enough to destroy my season yesterday.

He pitched pretty well until that last inning. He was around 100 pitches, I would have yanked them, but the Cubs bullpen isn't exactly reliable.

He pitched pretty well until that last inning.

That's basically his history, implosion is always around the corner.

don't want to come across as a jerk/captain obvious, but unless youre in deep leagues or are allowed any number of streamers, there is no reason to own this guy. especially since he's on the cubs now. he'll be great in one outing and absolutely destroy your ratios the next one...

This ones on sveum. Over 100 pitches, allowing baserunner after baserunner, throwing pitch in the dirt after pitch in the dirt, and he keeps riding him into the ground. Infuriating. He had a masterful start until that. Should have been pulled after the first 2 walks.

Stil....alotta Ks, alotta grounballs, zero HRs served up on the season

Keepin the faith

Same story every year, there's a reason if this is his 8th team in 10 years

Absolutely dominant through 5 innings. 8K's and not much solid contact at all.

Then in the 6th he completely fell apart. Could not throw a strike to save his life. Bounced multiple pitches 4 feet in front the plate, threw several to the backstop, and walked 3 guys that inning.

And he was repeatedly looking out towards the bullpen that inning as if he wanted to come out. wtf