Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

petekrum

Marcus Lattimore 2013 Outlook

57 posts in this topic

How do you view this guy? Probably won't contribute this year, but in a dynasty he could be worth a look.

I'd really have to see what team he ends up on, but in a vacuum, I think he provides great upside in a dynasty league.

Hoping the Giants roll the dice on him in the 3rd round

This guy is a stud first round talent and definitely worth owning in a dynasty format, regardless of where he ends up.

Has anyone heard how he is progressing from his injury?

Apparently he is way ahead of schedule. Read somewhere that the trainer popped his knee back into place on the field of that gruesome injury, and it apparently shaved 6 months off the recovery time. That coupled with the recent success of guys coming off knee injuries fast and still producing, I'm not the least bit concerned that he will be a stud in the NFL.

No question he would be worth having but the question is where does he fit in a 16 team rookie draft (7rounds-IDP). Is the pool so RB depleted that he is a first rounder in that format for any of you?

Personally I was thinking I would look at him in the 3rd or so but I suspect he will not last that long.

This years QBs suck and overall the class doesnt have many "elite" prospects at the skill positions

I dont see anyway this guy makes it to the 3rd round in a dynasty league.

I would be surprised if he makes it out of the first in our league. He would be in discussion as the top RB if he wasn't injured so somebody is way more likely to take a risk than I am.

I'm in a 12 man ppr dynasty league with picks 2&3 and I'm taking him at three overall. I know I may be a little high on him but being able to have Lacey and lattimore for the next ten years is very appealing to me.

This class is pretty weak. I think Lattimore should be a top 5 pick regardless.

He'd be the unanimous top pick if healthy.

The strength of this draft is OL/DL, not exactly fantasy friendly.

Problem is he didn't look like the same guy when he came back from his first injury....I would definitely be interested in him at the right spot but I am not expecting him to be a stud anytime soon...if ever. If Lacy ends up a Steeler as some project, he is the one RB that gets me excited in this draft.

Lacy I'd take over him just because of the injury.

Then Patterson/Austin at WR.

After that, Lattimore for me.

We have a weird free agent system in this league and Colin kaepernick is out there. It is a free agent/rookie draft so he is going one

I don't know if this is the proper place to ask this but how do people feel about Lattimore long term? Obviously he's not going to contribute this year but for dynasty purposes, do people feel like he's going to be a stud? Is pre-injury form a realistic expectation? Gore is getting older and the job could be Lattimore's before too long.

Problem is he didn't look like the same guy when he came back from his first injury....I would definitely be interested in him at the right spot but I am not expecting him to be a stud anytime soon...if ever. If Lacy ends up a Steeler as some project, he is the one RB that gets me excited in this draft.

I would agree with this, I am somewhat of an Ol-ball coach fan so I watched a lot of SC football since he arrived, and Ive watched probably 80% of Lattimore's games. Prior to the first injury, he looked to me like an LT type player he was the top recruit in the nation, and was a stud as a freshman. Then after the first injury, he was good, but to me he was just another "good" RB versus version 1.0 which I thought was a top 5 type pick RB that you just dont see all that often anymore.

Worth a late round flier in keeper leagues or no? Only if you think he's going to take over next year, I suppose.

I'm trying to gather as much info as I can as I have a chance to land both Lattimore and Christine Michael but its going to take my top 2 picks this year. The league is a unique situation where we are transitioning from a partial keeper to full dynasty (sorry for the cool story/assistant coach type stuff). The reports have been good so far though right? I think I remember reading not long ago that the Niners coaches actually had to tell him to slow down some so that must mean he's recovering well? And with all the recent success stories of players coming back from horrific injuries, things should be looking up.

How early in rookie drafts do you think he will go this year. Am I crazy to want to take him in the 6-8 range

I guess where he's drafted is going to come down to some sort of combination of how confident you are that he will fully recover and be what he was prior to the injury (or close to it at least) coupled with the amount of risk you are willing to take. I just know that Gore is getting up there in age, especially in RB years and Lattimore on that offense with CK is something I don't want to miss out on.

Harbaugh drafted a level-headed worker.

Whether or not Lattimore can make it all the way back, he's gonna die trying and a guy like that inspires everyone around him.

I do not think there is an expectation of a year one impact as the 49ers still have quality stable of good RBs.

Good for the 49ers for drafting him and I hope he makes it all the way back... kid was/is a gifted athlete.

Harbaugh drafted a level-headed worker.

Whether or not Lattimore can make it all the way back, he's gonna die trying and a guy like that inspires everyone around him.

I do not think there is an expectation of a year one impact as the 49ers still have quality stable of good RBs.

Good for the 49ers for drafting him and I hope he makes it all the way back... kid was/is a gifted athlete.

This is helpful info. I think part of why AP made it back so quick and successfully was his determination and how hard he worked and pushed himself. To hear that Lattimore may share some of that same drive and dedication to getting healthy helps ease some of the doubts.