Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnd2442

"Likes" - to like individual posts in a thread

5 posts in this topic

First of all, I really like this option, so please don't take this as a complaint. In fact, I was going to ask about the daily limit of "likes" for posts! I reached mine, and I'm not completely clear how many it is (maybe 10?), but is the rationale behind it to limit it so "likes" are more valuable? If so, that makes sense. I just found a bunch of posts worthy of "liking" so I clicked them without thinking there was a limit (yes, I'm new here!). And hey, that just means that there are a bunch of good posters here. I'll have to go forward and be careful about giving out "likes" in the future. But would there be any contemplation about lifting this limit at all?

First of all, I really like this option, so please don't take this as a complaint. In fact, I was going to ask about the daily limit of "likes" for posts! I reached mine, and I'm not completely clear how many it is (maybe 10?), but is the rationale behind it to limit it so "likes" are more valuable? If so, that makes sense. I just found a bunch of posts worthy of "liking" so I clicked them without thinking there was a limit (yes, I'm new here!). And hey, that just means that there are a bunch of good posters here. I'll have to go forward and be careful about giving out "likes" in the future. But would there be any contemplation about lifting this limit at all?

AFAIK (and don't quote me on this), the limit is simply arbitrary. There's no real rhyme or reason to it from my perspective, although it may have something to do with the software programming.

There's definitely no intention to create a dilemma over which posts you should like, so don't put too much thought into it; it's not a currency. :)

We can certainly bring your suggestion to the attention of the administrators; if there is any update, you will be notified.

1 person likes this

This reeks of a conspiracy TT.....I won't rest til we get to the bottom of this!

1 person likes this

i am looking into hiring a gumshoe to figure out this dilemma. something seems off. i will LIKE posts from malta69 instead. he seems like a good egg.