Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Denbo32

Jordan Pacheco 2013 Outlook

22 posts in this topic

He is a no name, but is listed as first, third and C in Yahoo. Sounds like he in the running for the 3rd base job in Col. He started 120 games last year.

hit 309 last year in 475 AB with 5HR and SB.

Nothing impressive, but looks like he could be useful for those looking for a catcher. Thoughts or am i reaching

PT is a concern.

Arenado & Nelson at 3B

Cuddyer & Helton at 1B

Rosario at C

It is unclear how that will shake out but C elig makes him somebody to look at.

That said, I do think he's pretty interesting in NL only's, 2 catcher leagues and deep mixers.

PT is a concern.

Arenado & Nelson at 3B

Cuddyer & Helton at 1B

Rosario at C

It is unclear how that will shake out but C elig makes him somebody to look at.

That said, I do think he's pretty interesting in NL only's, 2 catcher leagues and deep mixers.

This is the only thing...otherwise he's a nice little .300 hitter, albeit with no power. But he won't hurt you.

I'm in a 20 team league, so I drafted this guy as my "Main Catcher", since he's eligible.

There was talk of him getting a lot more PT than this, right?

He's started 1 game of 5 so far, and no PHs

Not looking good.

Not my main guy, bench guy in a daily. Had him second half of last year, and he was playing most every day. We'll see how it shakes out. He still may be a good option later this year, but for now he doesn't look like he's going to get the ABs.

I'm in a 20 team league, so I drafted this guy as my "Main Catcher", since he's eligible.

There was talk of him getting a lot more PT than this, right?

He's started 1 game of 5 so far, and no PHs

Not looking good.

He was drafted in my league as well, 16 teams.

He doesn't play enough for me to think he's relevant even in those leagues. There are catchers galore in the MLB these days. Nick Hundley is figuring things out, Jason Castro bats 3rd (on the godawful Astros) and Devin Mesoraco will be starting for the next 2 weeks. I'm all about counting stats so I think people can do better than Pacheco. Even when he plays he bats 8th behind Chris Nelson and ahead of the pitcher. Not a recipe for success. He has batted 6th one game, pretty sure Walt Weiss simply wanted him to bat in Helton's spot on that occasion and since then he's been relegated to 8th.

Helton's injury sounds like it will open playing time for him but Cuddyer will actually be the one to benefit by playing 1B.

It sounds awesome that he's eligible at catcher but this isn't 2006 (or even 2010) and there are too many relevant catchers to get excited about a guy with no power (even when aided at Coors) who plays 2-3 times a week when Helton is injured.

Check yesterday's box score. He hit 2nd.

Fowler was out. That won't happen again. There lineup is pre-set.

He's hitting second again today. Is it a hitting 2nd vs. LHP situation? The reason I ask is that COL has 4 games against LHP next week.

Hitting 2nd today. Hoping he plays tomorrow... will use his C eligibility for when Rosario sits with De La Rosa on the hill tomorrow. Thought with my luck, he will sit tomorrow.

This kid is gonna be solid. Had to snatch him up with that C,1B,3B eligibility. He will backup Rosario, Arenado, and fill in for Helton. He has also played 2B and SS in the minors!! The Rockies score runs when he is in the lineup and he is a very good hitter. Get him before it's too late.

Who is usually their 2 hole hitter? CARGO, Tulo and Cuddyer are 3-4-5 right?

It was Rutledge, but I think Pacheco will wind up staying there. He's a legit .300 hitter with a way better K:BB ratio.

It was Rutledge, but I think Pacheco will wind up staying there. He's a legit .300 hitter with a way better K:BB ratio.

I haven't been paying attention to him since he didn't win a spot at the beginning of the year. Has he been hitting in the 2 hole and will he play every day?

So I read a stat on him, in the National League, last year he was the first rookie to finish Top 5 in the Batting race since the mid 1970's.

He seems to be getting some of the RH platoon at 1B, plus some other spot work as well. -

I haven't been paying attention to him since he didn't win a spot at the beginning of the year. Has he been hitting in the 2 hole and will he play every day?

Yes he has been in the 2 hole for a couple weeks. With Tulo and Helton hurt, he should be an everyday player. They also got rid of Chris Nelson. Pacheco can play C 1B 3B and even played 2B and SS in the minors. Like I said, legit .300 hitter who has a good eye and does not strike out much. I think his power will start to get better and he can def steal a few bags.

does he play everyday?

intrigued. might need him to replace gettis if he can secure enough playing time.

I'm telling you guys grab him before it's too late.