Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jay85

John Lackey 2013 Outlook

131 posts in this topic

Not one thing I like about him. Wake me up when he gets traded to a pitchers park in the NL I might have a little interest then.

1 person likes this

He has a new arm. I won't write him off completely. I will keep an eye on him. But I doubt he has much value. But that division does not really scare me much. Rays are an average offense. Yanks are beat up. Orioles I don't really know how to rate them, but I don't think they will repeat last season. Toronto will be top 5 though for sure.

He's not much of a pitcher anymore. He's on the bottom level of waiver fodder to me.

Saw some highlights of the guy & almost did recognize him. He's really slimmed down.

Not sure he really has any upside. Maybe a matchup play at best.

I drafted him this year, but we are in a daily lineup change league where we can roster 10 SP on our team and it is beneficial to do so. I have him as my SP8 and honestly, I think he might do well. He may give up a few runs, but I think he can be a positive at that spot for me. Heck, if he gets me any positive points at all, I will be pleased. Definitely not a top of a rotation type of guy anymore, but someone who can fill that bottom rung of SP for me.

just hurt himself, threw the ball to backstop and think something popped in his elbow or bicep

leaving game immediately

He was better back when he had an arm about an inning ago

He should probably start making his June-July vacation plans now...

Was doing pretty well before the injury, which looked serious. Who would replace him in the rotation?

Time to start the 2013 Alfredo Aceves Outlook thread?

De La Rosa not stretched out yet so he's not gonna be up soon, probably gonna be Webster

Upside wise they have Webster or De La Rosa. Barnes as well though I think the other 2 guys are ahead of him in their development

Webster would be the best bet of the bunch right now as he's more ready than the others and De La Rosa is being eased back after being a year + removed from TJ Surgery. Not sure if Boston will go with any of these guys right now or if they'll just stick Aceves in the rotation or something

Matt Barnes could be a darkhorse to get the call. It seems unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

Matt Barnes could be a darkhorse to get the call. It seems unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

Not yet. It's likely Aceves for now.