Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

deezpac

Michael Young 2013 Outlook

30 posts in this topic

what do people think of him for this season? last year was pretty bad but he's at least scheduled to bat 3rd in the Phillies order which should at least count for something.

Yahoo has him with 1B, 2B, & 3B eligibility. i could think of worse late round 2B options

I believe the problem is this:

Career splits ...

Road: .283/.326/.410

Home: .320/.368/.479

Young's value has largely been tied to Arlington. He still hits away from TEX, after all .283 isn't terrible, but it is hard to expect much out of him. The Phillies lineup positioning has a lot of question marks. Young may be penciled in to hit 3rd but Manuel has said the only guy who really is penned in is Howard hitting 4th. Everybody else is subject to change.

He's interesting as a utility man for roto purposes but I would not want him as a starter in mixers.

He is essentially Darwin Barney at this stage in his career. I'd only draft him in 6x6 leagues where name value is a category.

Can still hit a little but a terrible real life ball player at this stage in his career. Probably could be a decent bench guy...

LOL @ all the bandwagon Michael Young doubters. I think the man is entitled to hit .277 at least once in his career... he's going from one hitter's ballpark to another. The man is a hitting machine.

What a steal.

Hitting .220 in May with no pop yet Manuel has him the the 3 hole today? I swear he practices dark arts to make managers blind to his suck.

In a league like mine, he's a useful piece. Not something you couldn't do without, but he comes in handy

The walks are still there, but he has had some pretty heinous ABs lately. The worst part is, he is almost ALWAYS ahead of the count (2-0, 2-1, etc) and getting meatballs to hit, yet he can't do anything with 'em but tap weakly to second or short.

Very concerning IMO

He could become useless, I guess hahaha. He's next on my list to drop if need be, but I don't know. Then I'll have no fill in for 2B.

Dropped. I only have four bats playing on Thursday, so I picked up John Jay. I doubt anyone will grab Young, but if they do, I don't consider it real loss. I figure if I want, I likely can pick him back up.

I feel like now that M.Young is hitting .263, he's officially worthless.

He's on a raw pace of 3 HR, 32 RBI, 57 Runs, and 92 Ks.

I haven't really paid attention to how bad he is, I just put him in there some days as a 3B option with Hanley out.

I haven't really paid attention to how bad he is, I just put him in there some days as a 3B option with Hanley out.

Good gracious, I have been doing the same thing in my NL-only league, just plugging him in there at CI without looking. I may need to re-evaluate after looking at that.

Damn, average down to .253. What's wrong with him? He has completely stopped hitting (never thought I'd say that). Age catching up to him? I can't believe that. Just a couple years ago he was one of the best pure hitters in baseball.

I think the combination of age/not being in Arlington , like someone stated, is the reason he's regressed this much. I remember him competing with Jeter every year for AL - SS, damn I'm gettin old.

its so hard to drop this guy he's been such a great hitter and he has never needed power to be useful in fantasy.

so the power does not bother me its his BA right now. and he's batting high in a potent lineup too.

its so hard to drop this guy he's been such a great hitter and he has never needed power to be useful in fantasy.

I had no trouble whatsoever dropping him about 3 weeks ago. Fantasywise, he's toast.

so the power does not bother me its his BA right now. and he's batting high in a potent lineup too.

huh???

Good gracious, I have been doing the same thing in my NL-only league, just plugging him in there at CI without looking. I may need to re-evaluate after looking at that.

Charlie Manuel's been doing the same.

Potent lineup? This is 2013 not 2005.

1 person likes this

Poor Michael just probably needs an exorcism:

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201306/mlbers-open-about-haunted-hotel-milwaukee

"Oh, f--- that place. Listen, I'm not someone who spreads ghost stories, so if I'm telling you this, it happened. A couple of years ago, I was lying in bed after a night game, and I was out. My room was locked, but I heard these footsteps inside my room, stomping around. I'd heard all these stories about this hotel, so I was wide awake at that point. And then I heard it again, these footsteps on the floor, so I yelled out, "Hey! Make yourself at home. Hang out, have a seat, but do not wake me up, okay?" After that, I didn't hear a thing for the rest of the night. I just let him know he was welcome, that we could be pals, that he could marinate in there for as long as he needed to, just as long as he didn't wake me up."

Has been on fire lately. Sad part is he only has 13 RBI this season. Hopefully the Phils trade him to a team like the Orioles who could use a 2b and provide plenty of RBI chances.