Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jv35

Patrick Corbin 2013 Outlook

631 posts in this topic

I like Corbin a lot this year. He seems to be the current front runner for the DBacks #5 spot, and he has solid peripherals. Anyone else think he can put up some pretty good number this year?

Last I knew he and recently acquired Delgado were still battling for that 5th and final spot. Has he won the job officially?

I had him at the end of Last year. He is really young ( I think 22-23) and he did well in the PCL last year which is an extremely tough place to pitch, so I expect improvements from last year. I have him on my team in a 20 teamer. I would project around a 3.8-4.00 ERA.

Pitched pretty well in the minors last season. close to a 9.0k/9 with decent control...had some decent mlb starts as well...after what happened with Wade Miley last season (came out of nowhere) I could see it happening for sure... late round flier material for sure...

Last I knew he and recently acquired Delgado were still battling for that 5th and final spot. Has he won the job officially?

Here's the spring stats for both:

Corbin - 19.2 IP, 3.66 ERA, 1.53 Whip, 19 K's.

Delgado - 12 IP, 5.25 ERA, 1.67 Whip, 8 K's.

I'd be surprised if Corbin doesn't get the nod over Delgado.

In two AA seasons he has a 8.4 k/9 ratio, and in one AAA season he has a 9.5 k/9 ratio.

We got a small sample of him last year in six of his 11 starts he let up 2 or less runs.

This spring he is 3-0 with 8.7 k/9.

For deep mixed leagues or NL only leagues i think he is worth a flyer on.

Any word if he won the 5th spot over Delgado?

Corbin has outperformed Delgado this spring. Nothing is official yet, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't get it over Delgado.

It will be Corbin. At this point he has had the better spring and Delgado's last outing was rough. That pretty much sealed it up in my eyes.

I'm going to add him once a roster space opens up from Hanley or Lawrie. Should be a nice little mid-tier SP

I'm all aboard this guy's hypetrain. I think he will be this year's Wade Miley (with more K upside).

Sat, Mar 30

Patrick Corbin was very impressive in his latest audition for a rotation spot, tossing six shutout innings against the Reds on Friday.

Advice: Corbin limited the Reds to two hits and two walks while fanning seven. He'll finish the spring with an impressive 2.81 ERA and 26/9 K/BB ratio in 25 2/3 innings. Randall Delgado is still in the mix for the final spot in the rotation, but Corbin has set the bar pretty high.

So he got the 5th starter spot in the rotation ... can anyone confirm whether he would be starting on April 6th or whether the Dbacks are planning to skip their 5th starter spot w/ the offday Thursday.

4/1 Kennedy

4/2 Cahill

4/3 McCarthy

4/4 off

4/5 Miley

4/6 Corbin? v Fiers

CBS doesn't have it on the schedule ... listed TBA.

He was fine tonight. Definitely got some help on defense. And facing a lineup that didnt have Braun or Ramirez helped

Solid second outing for him. Although his next start is @NYY on Thursday. I may take a gamble depending on my ERA and WHIP.

Solid second outing for him. Although his next start is @NYY on Thursday. I may take a gamble depending on my ERA and WHIP.

Same boat here. My ERA and WHIP are screwed already in one league so why not?

Is it not possible Corbin comes into this own this season? He was highly touted last year getting called up.

I like the guys makeup and approach, depending on what happens vs the Yanks I may jump on the bandwagon.

I drafted this guy, partly because I think he's a solid stream, and partly because I can see him pitch here in AZ. I think he will be solid, and can post Miley-type numbers this year.

Same boat here. My ERA and WHIP are screwed already in one league so why not?

Is it not possible Corbin comes into this own this season? He was highly touted last year getting called up.

he was not highly touted. He was behind both bauer and skaggs but was the first one called up

Is he a solid start @NYY? Phil Hughes is struggling so the Dbacks should get him some run support

dumb question but is he a righty or lefty? If lefty id have no problems rolling him out there. Yanks lineup vs lefties is very week. If righty id bench. Dbacks lineup is depleted without eaton, kubel, and hill

I am a Yanks fan and if I owned him (he is on the WW) I would roll him out. Hughes is not good, and at home doesn't help him and is homer happy ways.

As mentioned, NYY's lineup is bad vs lefties, and Girardi is far to stubborn to change anytime soon.