Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dzemens

David Freese 2013 Outlook

117 posts in this topic

Good news on the MRI, and it looks like any DL stint will be back dated and hopefully minimal. For anyone interested anyways...

Cardinals GM John Mozeliak said Monday that the club was "encouraged" by an MRI on David Freese's back.

In other words, there was no structural damage. Freese was given an anti-inflammatory injection and should be ready to resume playing in games later this week. The Cardinals will keep him on the minor league side of camp so that they can backdate a disabled list stint if necessary. Freese injured his tailbone three weeks ago when he fell into the stands while tracking down a foul ball.

Source: Derrick Goold on Twitter

Mar 25 - 9:41 AM

I know this is impossible to predict but do we think he is a high risk for missing much time with this injury or the potential of others. It seems like he always has something going on. I was planning on keeping him. Have to decide by tomorrow and am now second guessing that decision.

I can't believe this guy got hurt diving into the stands in a spring training game.

C'mon Man.

He's a great value pick relative to the position he's being taken due to the short DL stint.

He's a great value pick relative to the position he's being taken due to the short DL stint.

I agree. The average person doesn't know that though. He was one of my keepers at $3 which is really good for a potential top 5 3B. Hopefully he is back some point later next week, and more importantly, stays healthy!

Any St Louis locals heard anything about him being activated on Monday? Or not?

I don't think anyone knows whats going on right now. As far as I'm concerned he's staying on my DL until he gets into a game or two. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a GTD on whether he was activated or not.

I went and saw him this afternoon at his rehab game in Memphis today. He looked pretty sharp out there. Wouldn't be surprised if he was activated very soon.

Just saw on Twitter he'll be in the lineup Monday.

Whose reporting? Is this a credible report?

I think it's pretty safe to assume that if he's going to be in STL tomorrow, he's going to start on opening day.

Whether he gets a day off Tuesday then, who knows, but I'd bet a lot that's out there tomorrow.

I know he's always an injury risk, but he did stay on the field for 144 games last year and 500 ABs. I expect the same.

Near .300, 20 HR, 80 RBI, 70 Runs I think is within reach.

Are they going to be resting this guy every couple of days for the rest if the season or is this just to ease him back in? I did not draft him expecting 2-3 days off per week.

Are they going to be resting this guy every couple of days for the rest if the season or is this just to ease him back in? I did not draft him expecting 2-3 days off per week.

Probably just initially. But he will probably see a day off a week. He is 28 year old trapped in an 80 year olds body sadly.

just ugly right now. grounds into DP in first at bat. Next 2 ABs, 2 men on both times, 2 lazy fly balls to right both times. Next to useless right now.

just ugly right now. grounds into DP in first at bat. Next 2 ABs, 2 men on both times, 2 lazy fly balls to right both times. Next to useless right now.

Yeah he's starting to frustrate me, but I really have no option but to ride it out. I kept him for $3 so I would hate to cut him, just for him to bounce back next week.

Yeah he's starting to frustrate me, but I really have no option but to ride it out. I kept him for $3 so I would hate to cut him, just for him to bounce back next week.

yeah same boat. kept him for $1. I think he'll be alright, he's had a big enough track record in the majors now to show what he is when healthy. i haven't thought about dropping him yet, but he's definitely hurting the team.

yeah same boat. kept him for $1. I think he'll be alright, he's had a big enough track record in the majors now to show what he is when healthy. i haven't thought about dropping him yet, but he's definitely hurting the team.

I agree. April is a tough month for a lot of MLB players. May is usually where I start to make decisions on how this guy will be performing for the year.

By the way dude I like your team. You have some great keepers. I need to post mine soon so people know what the hell I'm talking about lol.

I agree. April is a tough month for a lot of MLB players. May is usually where I start to make decisions on how this guy will be performing for the year.

By the way dude I like your team. You have some great keepers. I need to post mine soon so people know what the hell I'm talking about lol.

lol. it can help for bench coach forum for sure, although i rarely go there. yeah they're solid but getting pricey now (we have yearly price increases) so this might be the last go around for a couple of them. and this is my 5th and final year with JUP gotta throw him back into the draft next year :*( but yeah gotta love keeper leagues

Yeah my keeper league has a $5 inflation on the 3rd year you keep someone, then it goes $10 for the 4th, $20 for the 5th and so on. At least you are benefiting on JUP with his last year on your team (until next year assuming you re-draft him). He's on a tear.

Lets keep it on focus guys, PM is a great way to discuss each others teams and settings. Thanks!

1 person likes this

This is a rough start. Only starting guy tonight to not get a hit. Any thoughts to his back injury still affecting him?

He missed most of spring training. It sucks that he is playing like Turd Ferguson. But he hits in a really good lineup, surrounded by really good hitters. The counting stat opportunities will always be there. His walk rate is still good, his line drive rate is still good, he will find patches of grass in the near future. My prediction is Sunday vs. Jeff Locke. He will have a big game then.