Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Tuna

Marco Scutaro 2013 Outlook

67 posts in this topic

Thought Scutaro would be great in Col...who would have thought he would tank and be much better away from Coors? Finishd strong last year...whose buying as a late rd SS or MI? Any projections?

All of the various major hosting sites seem to be high on him for NL only and view him as a safe endgame pick for mixed.

He's not going to repeat his ridiculous .362 BA he put together with the Giants, but

He's not projected at 10+ HR or SB, just high single digits in each. His value is coming from three things: 2B/SS eligibility, BA, and R.

CBS: .296 / 8 / 89 / 68 / 7

ESPN: .293 / 9 / 88 / 71 / 7

Yahoo: .300 / 7 / 86 / 65 / 9

The biggest challenges for Scutaro are that he's old (37), so there's injury risk and "dropoff" risk, and if his BA drops into the, say, .275 range, a lot of his value disappears, at least in mixed leagues. In NL-only, given 2B eligibility, he's a solid mid-tier starting option.

Don't buy into it. Only hitting well this week because he is playing me. He will go back to mediocre next week.

Man, I am loving his production at the thinnest roto position on the map, second base. He'll certainly cool off, but he could have a very useful year given his setup.

Rolling with him this week in place of turd Weeks. He has a pretty nice schedule with 4 games at Coors at 2 against a struggling Jays team. Just looking for some runs and AVG...anything else is gravy.

almost dropped him a couple of times but im glad i stuck with him. He has been an insane hitting machine the last month.

Dialed. In.

Drafted him, dropped him, now picked him back up again.

He can't get out right now if he tried!

Giants have the 3rd-most runs scored in the NL, six behind Cincinnati and three behind Colorado. Scutaro is going to be a fantasy asset in this Giants lineup hitting behind Panda, Posey and Pence.

Just another 3-hit night for Magic Marco....now batting a cool .315. This guy's hot streaks are absolutely white-hot.

Spent way too much on him in the auction draft of my 16 team keeper, dropped him in late April and picked him back up last week after another owner let him go. Now that he seems to be past the early season slump, he's great value for someone that batted .362 as a Giant last year (plus his playoff performance). Like the 37-year old to find his groove.

idk what he's eating in SF but keep doing what you are doing scutaro. He's been incredible the last couple of weeks.

Projections: .310 8 home runs 70 rbi 7 SB 100 runs

He was added to fill in for Altuve's absence but you know what? He's good.

He is good because he has swiss army knife eligibility and he is good because at this point in the season for a guy who plays every day and hits second there aren't a lot of guys hitting .330 with the ability to walk to supplement their OBA. He's going to stick around a while on my team.

Dialed. In.

Drafted him, dropped him, now picked him back up again.

He can't get out right now if he tried!

same thing. could not pass on him any longer. dropped todd frazier for him. glad i got him back for that awesome 2b, 3b, ss flex!

Magic freaking Marco. Already with another multi hit night with another run and RBI to boot.

Guy has been absolutely raking...white hot just doesn't do it anymore.

Just had an 11 pitch AB that ended with his 3rd hit of the night.

2 people like this

Not to get too picky during a ridiculous hot streak, but some HR or SB would really be the cherry on top right now.

so if I pick him up and put him in my lineup next week over a guy like Carl Crawford, will he put up a stinker? Kind of scary in a weekly league because if he doesn't keep up the torrid hitting, which leads to runs, than he is worthless. Always a better major leaguer than fantasy player, but can he keep up the multi-hit games? I'm going to roll with him until he doesn't.

Had Aaron Hill at 2b, then snagged betancourt for 2 weeks and then dropped him fro Scutaro the past 2...how lucky

Ok, this is just plain getting ridiculous...Magic Marco now owns a .337 average, which looks like it's the 7th best average in all of baseball....lol....

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, May 21, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

who do we like better....him or carpenter at 2b?