Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mithrandir

Keys to Fantasy Success in 2013

44 posts in this topic

What do you think are three keys to your teams success this season?

1. Everth Cabrera keeps his job and steals at least 40 bases.

2. Adam Dunn hits 40 hr's

3. Mike Trout..Mike Trout..Mike Trout...

1 person likes this

Joey Bats having a top 5 year.

The upside for guys like Minor, Ogando, and Miller becoming a reality.

Frazier and Miley building on strong rookie seasons.

Being the first to jump on most of the hot pick-ups who pay off (like Trout, Lynn, etc. from last year).

I'm really happy with my team and feel that any one of these, barring major injuries, will lock me in for a top finish.

- Troy Tulo and Jose Batista slamming HRs and staying healthy

- Matt Moore piling up W and K while controlling his WHIP.

- Justin Morneau staying healthy and getting hits

2 people like this

1. I need Brett Lawrie to stop getting injured and give us a 20/20 season.
  2. I need Freddie Freeman to take the next step and become that .290 / 30 / 100 guy we've been waiting for.
  3. I need Jason Heyward to take the next step and become that .280 / 30 / 100 guy we've been waiting for.

2 people like this

Will Middlebrooks continues to grow as a hitter.

Jose Altuve swipes 40 bags.

Alex Gordon flurishes in the leadoff role with KC.

Jeff Sarmarjzda wins 10+ and 200 k's.

Can Carl Crawford get back to form?

Alex Cobb: I own him in every league. He doesn't have to be a monster, but I would like to see him have a breakout season with a solid K-rate.

Paul Konerko: I have him in 2/3 leagues. I need Paulie to still have something left in the tank. I'm a believer, but this is the first time I've ever pulled the trigger on the prototypical stable veteran.

Emilio Bonifacio: I own him in 3/3 leagues. I need him to get 40 steals. I don't know how many ABs that will take and I don't really care, but I need him to get 20 games in at 2b and I need him to run early and often. I'm confident that he will.

Julio Teheran: I need him to be more like Chris Sale than Francisco Liriano from last season. I'm a believer, but it's hard to feel 100% confident until he actually get's it done in real life. I have him in 2/3 leagues and I cussed a lot when I lost him in my H2H league.

Casey Janssen: 2/3 leagues. His shoulder in a concern, but it would help a lot if he could be a steady source for saves. I think the situation is great, but his shoulder does scare me. I think he's one of the more underrated relievers with upside this season. Santos was a concern early, but I think he's done enough to keep him from being in the mix. I think Janssen is a top 8 closer this season.

I need Justin Upton to finally deliver a top 10 season.

I need one of my 1B (Ike Davis, Morneau, Corey Hart) to deliver a top 75 season.

I need Will Middlebrooks to be a serviceable 3B

I need Andrelton Simmons to be a serviceable SS

Most importantly -- for me and for everyone -- I need my team to avoid major injuries!

Will Middlebrooks continues to grow as a hitter.

Jose Altuve swipes 40 bags.

Alex Gordon flurishes in the leadoff role with KC.

Jeff Sarmarjzda wins 10+ and 200 k's.

Can Carl Crawford get back to form?

Middlebrooks should stay steady. I don't expect improvement from last year in terms of game averages. Yes raw overall output will be greater with more games but I doubt he tops his .835 OPS from last year.

Moustakas is where the money is at.

Tulo and Rivera stay healthy

Bautista returns to form

E. Cabrera, Gardner, Eaton, Aoki steal atleast 30 SB

Doumit and Kendrick dont have poor seasons

Trout giving me consistent production even if he regresses from last season

Ellsbury staying healthy

Jesus Montero beast moding in Seattle

1) The Braves offense scoring a lot of runs (I own the Uptons, Heyward, Freeman, and Simmons all over the place).

2) Ernesto Frieri having a great April and holding onto the Angels' closer role even if/when Madson returns.

3) Jordan Zimmermann upping his K rate slightly, while maintaining his sparkling ratios.

In order to finish #1

Need 4 of 5 to hit their reasonable 2013 projections (i.e. not get hurt/be a bust given their high ADP):

Joey Votto

Giancarlo

Justin Upton

Jose Bautista

Adam Jones

5 of 6 SP to finish in the top 30 (all 6 did in 2013). 3 of 6 SP to finish top 15:

Gio Gonz

Jordan Zimmerman

Yu Darvish

Max Scherzer

James Shields

Jake Peavy

(note: I play in a re-draft 8 man league)

great success shall be mine by eating a balanced breakfast, getting plenty of exercise, and tricking my leaguemate to draft Alex Rodriguez in the 4th round.

What do you think are three keys to your teams success this season?

1. Everth Cabrera keeps his job and steals at least 40 bases.

2. Adam Dunn hits 40 hr's

3. Mike Trout..Mike Trout..Mike Trout...

Keys to a championship for me:

1. Get off the injury train - its been a brutal offseason, I made a ton of trades quantity (solid cheap keepers and minor league picks or in some cases studs (shelby miller) and got back guys like Hanley Ramirez, Curtis Granderson, Chase headley. Now that the draft is over I need health.

2. Brandon Morrow full year of health - this guy can be a 15+ game winner with 200+ K's.

3. Hellickson up his K's a bit

4. Teixeira to not be lingering all year, I know that injury can be a career killer (Mark Derosa) but I got him cheap and if he recovers sooner than later and has a solid 4+ months he will be a great value.

5. Have one of my dice rolls on a closer work out

6. Justin Masterson be respectable, dont need him to be great, just solid mid to backside fantasy rotation guy

Not losing a crap ton of games from my 5 keepers due to injury as I did last year in a H2H:

J-Upton, Votto, Longoria, Weaver and Halladay.

Not losing a crap ton of games from my 5 keepers due to injury as I did last year in a H2H:

J-Upton, Votto, Longoria, Weaver and Halladay.

Injury is a big key, in my keeper, we keep 4 and last year this guy had Miggy/Tulo/Kemp/Lawrie as his keepers (3 of the top 4 players). He finished 6th due to Tulo, Kemp, and other players missing extended time.

My advice is just keep trying things until you find what works best for you, but continuously look for better trends and advice to follow and trust.

Need Tulo to play 162 games.

Kershaw gets a CY Young

Lincecum returns to old form

Harper sets the world on fire

1. Eric Hosmer to not play like Eric Hosmer version 2012.

2. Alex Rios to not have his patented off-year following an on-year

3. Matt Kemp and Justin Upton to have huge seasons

4. Kipnis to improve

5. Dan Haren to not completely suck

To compete ( 12 tm H2H ) :

Need my early round picks to stay healthy, ESP. at thin positions like 2nd and 3rd: Miggy, Cargo, Kinsler, Felix, Lee

To make the playoffs:

Above + need at least some of the following ( not all! ) to take a step up this year: Rosario, Morneau, Melky, Berkman, Samardijza, Minor, Cobb, Teheran. Teixeira on my DL, be nice if that gamble worked out.

To win:

Need to not have all 5 of my SPs implode on the same week like last year. Coin flip in weekly H2H