Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pikerbkb

Taylor Thompson 2013 Season Outlook

32 posts in this topic

SMU Pro-Day: Measured at 6’6” 259 and ran a 4.56 40 yard dash with a 37” vertical jump.

With Jared Cook moving on can't believe that people aren't talking about this guy. Measurables off the charts for a TE, showed good blocking skills (better than Cookie) Year 1 and flashed receiving potential.

One thing that could hold him back is the QB play of Locker who has been inconsistent at best, but Thompson seems to have all the tools and mental toughness to be a 3 down TE.

http://www.nfldrafts...=2012&genpos=TE

Delanie Walker.

I own Thompson in my dynasty league and the Walker signing really doesn't concern me much. Just like the Myers signing doesn't concern me much regarding Adrien Robinson. Teams are going more and more to two-TE sets, and frankly, I think the two 2nd year guys have much more talent than the veterans that were signed. I think Walker is a decent TE, but his value is tied more to his Swiss army knife-type skillset. Great for the Titans, but not so much for fantasy owners. That being said, I think 2014 is when we'll know if Thompson (and Robinson) is the real deal or not, although I do expect to see a few flashes this season of things to come.

Delanie Walker.

I own Thompson in my dynasty league and the Walker signing really doesn't concern me much. Just like the Myers signing doesn't concern me much regarding Adrien Robinson. Teams are going more and more to two-TE sets, and frankly, I think the two 2nd year guys have much more talent than the veterans that were signed. I think Walker is a decent TE, but his value is tied more to his Swiss army knife-type skillset. Great for the Titans, but not so much for fantasy owners. That being said, I think 2014 is when we'll know if Thompson (and Robinson) is the real deal or not, although I do expect to see a few flashes this season of things to come.

Have Thompson on one of my dynasty teams and will probably stash Robinson as well. Gotta stash these sleepers early because once the hype starts it will be too late. Kind of like I wish I had stashed Kapernick last year just before Smith went down. Still kicking myself about that.

Delanie Walker.

How come there is no "I don't like this" button?

They aren't paying Walker, a sub 4.5 TE and excellent blocker, 8M guaranteed to sit on the bench and cheer for Thompson.

Both are definitely worth holding, but I think Robinson's got an easier track to consistent playing time.

They aren't paying Walker, a sub 4.5 TE and excellent blocker, 8M guaranteed to sit on the bench and cheer for Thompson.

Both are definitely worth holding, but I think Robinson's got an easier track to consistent playing time.

I agree that Walker isn't going to be sitting the bench since he brings other valuable skills to the table, it's just that I think Thompson is going to ultimately prove to be the more valuable fantasy asset by the time 2014 rolls around. Walker's size and skills are better suited to an H-back type of role, imo.

Whaaaat???? That was a great catch by a spectacular tight end. What's the problem????

6 foot nothing and 240.....limited upside. If you think he's so great draft him on you FF teams......that's what I thought.

Walker is one of those players that coaches love but fantasy players don't. He's versatile and ex-players like Munchak love guys like that. Thompson will barely be a TE2 this year but I'll be watching for sure when he's on the field.

1 person likes this

when i youtube taylor thompson, i get videos of singers and chicks playing football

1 person likes this

when i youtube taylor thompson, i get videos of singers and chicks playing football

LOL. Well played sir, well played.This is true, but hopefully not for long.

Walker is one of those players that coaches love but fantasy players don't. He's versatile and ex-players like Munchak love guys like that. Thompson will barely be a TE2 this year but I'll be watching for sure when he's on the field.

I will pick up Walker for my PPB (point per block) league.

This video screams of Thompson's versatility in sooo many ways. This guy/gal is incredible!
1 person likes this

if this guy catches a pass in the first preseason game ... this thread has GZ 2012 potential.

1 person likes this

A pass? More like 8 catches for 135 yards and 3 TDs.......IN THE FIRST HALF!!!!! Walker's going to be using his newfound millions to bribe the equipment manager for a sniff of Thompsons used jockstrap.

Why wait until the first preseason game to get this started? It's on, although I'm down with Robinson too. It's hard not to like both of these guys.

1 person likes this

I do like both.

The funny thing is the Giants were very close to signing Walker and Tennessee came in last minute and offered [a lot] more money ... so this whole thing could've been moot.

I think Walker is a very underrated player and people underrate him because of his size - which is far from the prototypical TE. but he's also a dominant blocker with 4.5 speed ... should be interesting to watch this summer.

[robinson's got the better QB, better offense, and a less talented player in front of him ... ]

1 person likes this

You guy are my heroes. :rolleyes:.....gotta fess up, love Robinson as well. Walker is just another cog though. The fullback is a dying breed and everybody's gotta have a joker TE. In real football guys like Walker are golden, but in FF....chafe.

Agree with the guys saying Walker is a better real life TE than a FF one. Drops too many balls. Thompson should be the one seeing the ball more but let's face it, temper your enthusiasm. This is the same QB and coaching staff that refused to utilize Cook. I'm not having any Frank Wycheck flashbacks here.

Agree with the guys saying Walker is a better real life TE than a FF one. Drops too many balls. Thompson should be the one seeing the ball more but let's face it, temper your enthusiasm. This is the same QB and coaching staff that refused to utilize Cook. I'm not having any Frank Wycheck flashbacks here.

True. I am mainly a dynasty player so I am always thinking about long term. I also do not believe in drafting/stashing marginal players, they must be physically dominant and have the potential/ceiling of an elite player. Along with Thompson, I will probably stash Robinson. I also really like Kelce (Cinn) coming up in the rookie draft. 6'5", 255, 4.6 sec 40. The guy definitely has some risk along with his upside, but he is the only top tier TE end in the draft right now that projects as a inline TE out of the gate with excellent receiving skills. The guy also has a warrior mentality and is fearless over the middle. Played some Wildcat QB on a few plays as well. Love him.