Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JetCityPersian

Pacers done

... about Ike Diogu. I think he could blow up over the next two games. I'll read up today and evaluate tonight, but I might be bringing him on board for FG% and maybe a block or two. He should get his opp to shine now that the Pacers are done (and likely Tinsley, Jermaine, etc...)

-Jet out

As a Pacer fan, I am hoping that in Tinsley's case, he has played his last game as a Pacer. Unlikely since Walsh and Bird gave him big money. No one wants to pay a part-time player full-time malcontent what he is getting.

While I am at it, I wouldn't mind seeing Walsh, Bird and Carlisle go. This wasted season was telegraphed to seasons ago and they still couldn't manage to avoid it. Walsh is like a king around he but other than draft Reggie, hire Larry Brown and trade for J.O., his other 20 or seasons have been filled with silly trades and draft picks. Bird could be Governor. So why doesn't he. No one seems to like Mitch Daniels anyway. Bird always over touts his draft picks and then they either whither on the bench or get cut (ala James White) so that the likes of Orien Greene and Darrell Armstrong can be kept. So much for developing for the future while remaining competitive now. We did neither this year.

At least we have Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy as our #2 and #3 scorers. Looks like a string of lotteries is about to start.

Diogu would be a great play, but Carlisle will actually try to field a team to win the last 2 games. Not that they will.

I think O'Neal has to be done. He was barely playing even when the playoffs were a dim hope. Tinsley also must be done.

I know Dunleavy and Murphy will get their minutes still, but I take "we should look at our young guys" to mean that Diogu will be on the court alot. Especially since he keeps being touted as the asterisk or "X-Factor" in that big-a$$ trade that stuck the Pacers with Dunleavy and Murphy's contracts for years to come...

And you know, Diogu just might be the best way for them to win these last two. That kid can play.