Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FantasyGuru24

Cecil Shorts 2013 Season Outlook

320 posts in this topic

Is Henne continuing at QB? If so, I wouldn't mind taking him. Mjd's return would be a huge boost for both WRs and henne is more than capable of hitting the open man.

If Glaine Baggert is the QB then I'll pass.

1 person likes this

Concussion issues, competition for catches with Blackmon, and the talk of Gabbert at QB really put a lid on Short's upside. Still, it was impressive what he did last season on a putrid JAX squad and the possibility of Henne or even Flynn or Palmer ultimately starting at QB for the Jags would obviously bump him up. I have a feeling his ADP is going to be too high for my liking though.

1 person likes this

I see no reason to target Gabbert's #2 WR in drafts.

Not a knock on Shorts. I just don't plan on drafting anyone from that team.

That's the tricky part .. Jacksonville's offense .. But he seems like a boom or bust type of player with low risk in terms of where he's getting drafted .. It wouldn't surprise me if he finished top 15

I want nothing to do with anyone on Jacksonville including MJD.

1 person likes this

Don't fall for Shorts. He offers no dependability. His QB situation is enough to keep me away even at his WR3 price.

1 person likes this

Assuming he is fully recovered from his foot injury, I'd have no problem having MJD on my squad. He's produced great stats on some bad JAX teams before and he'll most likely do it again. I should probably start an MJD thread because I think he's going to be undervalued for 2013.

Assuming he is fully recovered from his foot injury, I'd have no problem having MJD on my squad. He's produced great stats on some bad JAX teams before and he'll most likely do it again. I should probably start an MJD thread because I think he's going to be undervalued for 2013.

If healthy he'll outproduce Steven Jackson.

I doubt it. Steven Jackson is much better than Michael Turner and hasn't had a massive workload over the past two years like Turner. Steven Jackson has carried the ball 260 and 257 times over the past two years so he shouldn't have legs that are gassed out.

One thing to note is the massive number of TD opportunities that Turner had. 17, 10, 12, 11, and 10 are the number of rushing TDs Turner had whereas Jackson has only had double digit TDs once in his career. He's also a good pass catcher out of the backfield.

I'd probably throw a late rounder for him next year, but I'd remain hesitant thanks to his concussion issues last year. I'd be afraid he'd pulled a Laurent Robinson and get concussed and sit out for awhile.

If you're looking for a good WR to plug in during the season, Cecil could do well.

In a standard league? I seriously doubt that...ahh hell in any scoring format I doubt that.

One player is coming off a Lisfrac fracture in a horrible offense. One player is healthy and going to one of the top 3 offenses in the league.

I doubt it. Steven Jackson is much better than Michael Turner and hasn't had a massive workload over the past two years like Turner. Steven Jackson has carried the ball 260 and 257 times over the past two years so he shouldn't have legs that are gassed out.

One thing to note is the massive number of TD opportunities that Turner had. 17, 10, 12, 11, and 10 are the number of rushing TDs Turner had whereas Jackson has only had double digit TDs once in his career. He's also a good pass catcher out of the backfield.

steven jackson has also caught the ball anywhere from 40-90 catches per season and has had over 320 carries 3 times. he's just as worn down as mjd except mjd actually got some rest last season

I'm not writing MJD off this season. I'd take him in the 2nd round, however I don't get the mentality that he's "rested." He had 100 touches in basically 5 games last season then was hurt the rest of the year, that's not rest in my book.

As for Shorts I think he has some serious talent but there's no way JAX can field 2 fantasy relevant WR with that QB situation.

Agreed. He and Blackmon will be good values this year.

In a standard league? I seriously doubt that...ahh hell in any scoring format I doubt that.

One player is coming off a Lisfrac fracture in a horrible offense. One player is healthy and going to one of the top 3 offenses in the league.

We'll see at seasons end. People banking on this Jackson explosion are gonna be surprised.

I'd rather pick up Blackmon at the end of drafts.

Shorts had multiple concussions at the end of the year, and that is a big red flag for me.

Am I the only guy that gets Shorts and LaFell confused all the time? They both came out of nowhere on small market teams in the southeast and neither were on any of my teams last year. Whenever one of their names come up, I always ALWAYS have to stop, pause, and look up which one is which.

Shorts is the one that did well despite having awful QBing going on. LaFell is the mediocre guy who wound up with the WR job opposite Steve Smith. Why can't I remember that?

Am I the only guy that gets Shorts and LaFell confused all the time? They both came out of nowhere on small market teams in the southeast and neither were on any of my teams last year. Whenever one of their names come up, I always ALWAYS have to stop, pause, and look up which one is which.

Shorts is the one that did well despite having awful QBing going on. LaFell is the mediocre guy who wound up with the WR job opposite Steve Smith. Why can't I remember that?

I'm pretty sure you are the only guy in the world that gets the two of them mixed up. LaFell was a big name in college.

I get them confused all the time. Lafell and Shorts sound a like

when you say their names underwater.

3 people like this

blaine gabbert is bashed by the media including rotoworld and nfl fans everywhere because he plays for the least marketable team in the nfl, a team that went 2-14. he didnt play great but he doesnt deserve all of the blame, he was a 22 year old qb (youngest starter in the nfl) that was running for his life all season. interesting stat if you havent seen it yet: gabbert was 13th highest rated passer when given 2.6 seconds or more to throw the ball. luke joeckel should help the line quite a bit. this isnt me saying to draft blaine gabbert or saying that he'll even be a top 13 qb this season but with better protection and more experience gabbert should play well enough for his wr's to be very productive in fantasy football so i personally wouldnt worry about shorts or blackmon not producing because of qb play

I think Jags are going to surprise some people this year. Biggest worry I have for Shorts is concussions (had two last year).

I think Shorts is a legitimate talent, I just can't fathom reaching high on a WR who's catching balls from Gabbert. I think he's an average WR3 and nothing more until he gets a legit QB. The good news is that his ADP has him going in the back-half of the draft as a weak WR3, which is fine with me.

I think Jags are going to surprise some people this year. Biggest worry I have for Shorts is concussions (had two last year).

Totally forgot about this. 2 concussions in 3 weeks is enough to raise a level of caution for another possibly concussion during the season.

2 people like this