Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holyBrowns

JA Happ 2013 Outlook

57 posts in this topic

Is Happ going to get some wins with that high powered lineup behind him, or be his old self?

The steady increase in K numbers make him intriguing.

Still hard to trust the guy though.

Does him getting paid at least means his spot is safe? I don't see Romero challenging it anytime soon

I wanted to wait for his first start to pick him up, but someone beat me to it a couple days early. I feel bad.

Would feel more encouraged if he could make it past 6

I wanted to wait for his first start to pick him up, but someone beat me to it a couple days early. I feel bad.

Isn't that the opposite of what you should do? You wait and he does well and the entire league will vy for him. You wait and he doesn't do well and you won't pick him up anyway. It just seems counterintuitive. You have to be ahead of the curve, like your leaguemate was. Just a thought.

I have no clue if Happ will end up breaking out, but I trust the Jays' front office talent evaluation a lot. Once they signed him to an extension, I began targeting him in most of my leagues.

Isn't that the opposite of what you should do? You wait and he does well and the entire league will vy for him. You wait and he doesn't do well and you won't pick him up anyway. It just seems counterintuitive. You have to be ahead of the curve, like your leaguemate was. Just a thought.

I have no clue if Happ will end up breaking out, but I trust the Jays' front office talent evaluation a lot. Once they signed him to an extension, I began targeting him in most of my leagues.

I was planning on monitoring the start early and seeing whether to pounce not thinking he was on many or any people's radar. I didnt have an obvious drop for him either. Not worth bailing on one of my guys after a day or so for JA Happ who could be useful, but doesnt have really high upside IMO

That was wicked. I jumped off my couch w/ an Oh s*** after seeing that bullet.

Had to be 130 mph laser off Jennings bat right off the dome. I pray he's OK, that was surreal.

2 people like this

They have yet to put him in the stretcher and the trainer has been out there for at least five minutes. This looks really, really bad. A lot of the players look sick; Rasmus is kneeling down on one knee (looks like he's praying?). Complete silence in the ballpark.

Edit: He's been lifted on to the stretcher. No sign from him, but it's a good sign that they think he's stable enough to get him out of there without immediate attention.

That was the scariest play I've ever seen in my life.

2 people like this

I literally put my hands on top of my head as it happened.

1 person likes this

That was absolutely brutal. Ballplayers on both teams look ill. Just a wicked smash straight to the temple area (at least, that's how I saw it) without any protection. Glad he's moving around. Hope he's ok.

2 people like this

They have yet to put him in the stretcher and the trainer has been out there for at least five minutes. This looks really, really bad. A lot of the players look sick; Rasmus is kneeling down on one knee (looks like he's praying?). Complete silence in the ballpark.

Edit: He's been lifted on to the stretcher. No sign from him, but it's a good sign that they think he's stable enough to get him out of there without immediate attention.

That was the scariest play I've ever seen in my life.

Agreed. A couple of the guys looked like they were either crying or about to.

Immediately make me think of the Mike Coolbaugh situation a few years back.

that was as bad as anything seen since Bryce Florie

thoughts are with Happ and family, that was just awful, the entire stadium is still in shock

1 person likes this

That was worse than one Bryce Florie took off the head, which was the worst I've ever seen until now.

EDIT: Meister T echoed my sentiments right before. Here's wishing Happ a full recovery.

That was the quietest I've ever heard a ballpark. Made the park feel very small. How do you go back out and play after that? Horrifying.

Hang in there J.A. Thoughts and prayers. A scene like that puts things in perspective.

1 person likes this

That was the quietest I've ever heard a ballpark. Made the park feel very small. How do you go back out and play after that? Horrifying.

I agree. It's a dome which already which stifles some of the ulterior noise but it was so quiet you could ear a mouse dance. It was eerie. Best of luck to Happ, it looks like it's going to be a long recovery.....