Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

klove42

Blake Beavan 2013 Outlook

37 posts in this topic

Just got named the fifth starter with an impresive ERA of 6.52 this spring. Who is exciting to stream everyone on the opposing offense whenever he starts?? I know I am.

1 person likes this

He'll at least give you a decent amount of K's though. If he's in the rotation all year he may just reach triple digits!

He'll at least give you a decent amount of K's though. If he's in the rotation all year he may just reach triple digits!

100Ks is probably his ceiling. Floor of 15 Ks.

Isnt there a bad player is the goal type league run somewhere? Razzball maybe, or something along those lines? This guy has to be a first rounder in that kind of format. Hopefully he just gets bombed so heavy early on that they have to bring back Erasmo

To the Beaven haters... He has a self claimed strike out pitch now with his curve ball. 2 starts ago ( he gave up 16 hits in the previou start) he pitched 6 IP and struck out 2 batters. He then went on to claim he's developed a strike out pitch with his curve ball. They accounted for both his K's. Now before you hate, rememebr last year he averaged a 2.68 K/9 and in that start earned him a prestine 3.0 K/9. That kind of growth deservers respect. Long live Beaven. :o

worst starting pitcher in baseball?

There's always worse.

Yeah. Jonathan Sanchez is still hanging in the Pirates rotation.

Does this thread have any fantasy relevance? Absolutely not...

This' more of a rant - but it relates to a player.

There isn't a more horse crap starting pitcher around - and the M's just keeping putting the damn ball in this guys hand OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER. He's a complete lock for 5IP, 7-8H, 4-7ER, and like 2 Ks every time he toes the rubber.

Here's his arsenal - the straightest 90mph FB known to man, a change with zero fade/sink, the worst 70mph slow curve I've ver seen, and a slider that doesn't hang 20% of the time. As crappy as all that is - he takes 60-90 seconds in between pitches - which makes him completely un-watchable. But hey - HE THROWS STRIKES! How he doesn't have the worlds most severe case of whiplash is unknown.

It just gets really EFFIN old this SOB gets to toe the rubber every 5th day while apparently Danny Hultzen "isn't ready." When he's pretty much the same age as Beavan, with 10 times the stuff. God this franchise kills me!!!

I'd seriously consider watching soccer instead of paying to see Blake Beavan pitch.

Folks - any time you see a Mariners fan in public - shake their hand, cause it's damn hard work. It's basically the fan equivalent of waking up in the morning with Cespedes mid swing at your head. The reality of the suckness really set in today watching the Cardinals and seeing they have no spot to play Matt Adams and Oscar Taveras.

Please end the torture - HE GONE Beavan, give us Ramirez and Hultzen. And in a couple months trade Saunders and call up Paxton or Walker. BOOM!

3 people like this

Jamie Moyer, Tim Belcher, Edwin Hurtado might get calls to dust off their kleets if it gets any worse.

At least he did better than what Maurer did yesterday?

/not a knock on Maurer. Beavan sucks.

Yea - we just haven't seen Maurer suck 50 times yet, haha. Maurer just lacks consistency with his stuff and with his command, there's a few good things with him were I could eventually see a #4-5 guy - but he legitimately needs more MiLB time.

I feel for ya, FTB. Your service as a Ms fan is appreciated. You just can't win with that back end of the rotation and that bottom of the lineup. All you can do is bring up the next batch of kids, get that SEA microbrew out of the fridge and see if it clicks.

2 people like this

This guy is the least talented pitcher maybe in MLB history. He literally has the worst stuff I have ever seen. His offspeed stuff reminds me of what curveball was like in 4th grade when I was first trying to snap them off. Just atrocious. Hope he gets absolutely shelled out of the league sooner rather than later.

1 person likes this

why did i stream him today

30 team, AL Only League?

Hahaha - yea dude, don't stream Beavan Vs a random North Dakota High School.

1 person likes this

Here's something else that KILLS me about Beavan....

He's 6'7", probably 250-260, and he's now rocking this MMA/tough guy facial hair - oh yea, and he throws 90 mph...If you're gonna be that big, and rock tough guy facial hair you gotta be 94+.

He may have the worst fastball I've ever seen at the MLB level. As you mentioned FTB, 89-91 and as straight as an arrow. Zero deception in his delivery. There are guys who throw softer than Beavan, but it usually at least has some two seam sinking movement or maybe they cut it a little. Or maybe a soft tosser uses secondary stuff to set up his fastball to look better than it is.

Beavan's secondary stuff would grade out as a 20 on the scouting scale, so it has no effect on his terrible fastball. It's just Beaven throwing that fastball and those 20 grade secondary offerings with a giant "JUST BARREL THE S**T OUT OF ME" sign on them.

2 people like this

He reminds me a bit of Micah Owings when he was a pitcher. Big, tough-looking dude who threw 89-90, arrow straight, and had below average secondary stuff. Owings was probably better than Beavan though.

I remember watching Diamondback games when Owings was pitching and he would just pump fastball after fastball in. Mark Grace would say things like, "Boy, Owings sure is proud of that fastball." And then, inevitably, Owings would just start giving up rockets and moonshots moments later.

He may have the worst fastball I've ever seen at the MLB level. As you mentioned FTB, 89-91 and as straight as an arrow. Zero deception in his delivery. There are guys who throw softer than Beavan, but it usually at least has some two seam sinking movement or maybe they cut it a little. Or maybe a soft tosser uses secondary stuff to set up his fastball to look better than it is.

Beavan's secondary stuff would grade out as a 20 on the scouting scale, so it has no effect on his terrible fastball. It's just Beaven throwing that fastball and those 20 grade secondary offerings with a giant "JUST BARREL THE S**T OUT OF ME" sign on them.

Dude - I'd love to be a fly on the wall in some of the Mariners front office player development meetings. Who in the F saw Blake Beavan and said - "This guy is definitely ready for the show." I could go on for a day about some of the player decisions this organization makes.You don't even have to be some super savy baseball guy to say - "Wow, that's stupid." "What kinda logic is that?". No one is accountable here - hell, it takes someone 30 minutes on Google just to figure out how the Mariners Ownership works, and they probably don't even truly understand it then.

1 person likes this

He reminds me a bit of Micah Owings when he was a pitcher. Big, tough-looking dude who threw 89-90, arrow straight, and had below average secondary stuff. Owings was probably better than Beavan though.

I remember watching Diamondback games when Owings was pitching and he would just pump fastball after fastball in. Mark Grace would say things like, "Boy, Owings sure is proud of that fastball." And then, inevitably, Owings would just start giving up rockets and moonshots moments later.

LOL - at least Owings RAKED, haha. Man, I miss Grace on the broadcast. I love it when someone throws 95+ and he goes, "GAAAAASSSSS", haha.

1 person likes this

Joe Saunders looks pretty good now.

He sucks too. Both should have many hitters streamed against them on a start by start basis.

1 person likes this