Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

abrunn11

Rob Brantly 2013 Outlook

8 posts in this topic

I am kind of surprised not to see this guy listed anywhere on this board. He is slated to hit 4th, in 100 AB's last year he had an OBP of .372. Does anyone have any insight on this guy?

Former Tigers prospect. Can possibly hit for decent average but has never shown any power. Could maybe see .270 and 7 HRs. Hitting cleanup could mean something if he does, but it shows you how bad that lineup is more than a ringing endorsement of his ability. Playable in 14 team 2 catcher leagues.

He's a clean up hitter by default. That lineup has few players capable of hitting.

He isn't a bad hitter, but will never be a difference maker in the bigs with the bat. His season's will probably end up being similar to AJ Ellis of last year. He's a hitter that won't hurt you, but will never make a huge impact for fantasy teams.

Is he still going to start with Olivo signed or is it more of a split? Rotoworld says Brantly will still start, but Olivo always finds his way to play in time.

I just found it very odd that there was no mention of this guy. A catcher hitting clean-up is not typical, no matter what team he plays on. He did hit 20 Homeruns as a 20 year old two years ago, so it is not like he has zero power. A may target him in my deep NL-Only league, as a flier.

He's not going to hit cleanup, it seems like.

It's not confirmed yet, but it seems like Polanco will hit 4th now that Solano is back to hit 2nd.

I'd speculate that Lomo will hit 4th when he returns.

There was a rumor that Ruggiano might also get a shot but at this point he's struggling to even get a starting role.