Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spaghetti

Wilson Ramos 2013 Outlook

101 posts in this topic

He was kidnapped and then had an ACL tear that derailed his 2012 season. It wasn't very long when many believed he would be a valuable 20+ HR catcher. This year, the catcher position is deep, so he might be geared towards deeper or 2C leagues. At the moment, it looks like he will be splitting time with Suzuki, but Ramos is clearly more valuable one of the two. Hopefully, he'll get the majority of the time behind the plate. Don't sleep on him.

Any word if this guy will play today or will he be alternating days with Suzuki?

Any word if this guy will play today or will he be alternating days with Suzuki?

Posty says it will be Suzuki today in the lineup thread......

Hit a tater so far today.. I look forward to him wrestling back a full time gig soon. When Suzuki is your roadblock things look good

make that 2 dingers. could be a real difference maker at the C spot very soon. good guy to look at in a keeper or dynasty.

Very impressive power. Glad I got his monster game.

I picked up off waivers as he went undrafted in my 16 team league. I drafted Sal Perez pretty early. Looks like it's already time to make a change in my starting C until Perez starts hitting.

Liked owning him last season before the injury. I wouldn't mind picking him up this year, but isn't it a platoon situation with Suzuki? Until he's only getting 1 day, maybe 2, off per week, I don't want to roster him.

In a daily league, he's fine. The thing is, for him to take over as the starting catcher, he'll need to have a big start. And chances are, if he's playing well enough to warrant the starting job, someone else probably would have beaten you to the punch by the time it's made official.

Very impressive power. Glad I got his monster game.

I picked up off waivers as he went undrafted in my 16 team league. I drafted Sal Perez pretty early. Looks like it's already time to make a change in my starting C until Perez starts hitting.

Same here. I'm platooning him with Jaso in my 16 team league (considering Jaso only hits righties). So far so good.

Is Suzuki the catcher for Gio or could Ramos catch him tomorrow?

In a daily league, he's fine. The thing is, for him to take over as the starting catcher, he'll need to have a big start. And chances are, if he's playing well enough to warrant the starting job, someone else probably would have beaten you to the punch by the time it's made official.

He's actually the de facto starter, its due to injury and coming back from a serious injury that he is playing every other day. He's a very important cog in their future, so they're bringing him back slowly. He doesn't have to get off to a big start. There is no comparison in his offensive upside and Kurt Suzuki's. He's a better bat. By years end he will be catching 8 out of 10 games instead of 50/50

Is Suzuki the catcher for Gio or could Ramos catch him tomorrow?

Ramos will catch, Suzuki caught Sunday. Ramos has had two days off.

Sent to the 15-day DL for the hammy. I'd love to have this guy on my team but he can't seem to stay healthy.

For desperate guys in two-catcher leagues...

He's back. Hitting 8th today, yuck. Obviously only someone to watch for now, let's see if he's stays healthy & gets more playing time.

I still like his long term potential. No idea what he's going to do this season as he's missed a ton of time recently.

Another RUN and 2 RBI. Hmm.

Yeah, hmm is right, not sure if this is one to watch or whether to jump now while he's apparently hot but there are a lot of us looking for help at catcher. And the Nats lineup as a whole seems like it's gearing up, might be a case where a bunch of guys get hot at the same time

Anybody have an idea how much playing time he will split with Suzuki?

Am pretty sure he'll be their primary backstop, doubtful Suzuki's .224 BA will stand in his way.

Lol, he'd better be the starter cause just I added him, he showed some nice power potential before injuries derailed him, I'll take a flier on that

This guy is def worthy of a flier. I'm thinking the split is going to be something like he'll get every sunday off or something for Suzuki, maybe twice a week at worst. But Suzuki's bat will certainly not stand in the way of Ramos. If you need help at C he's a solid lottery ticket, who's young and has shown nice flashes so far. Just has to avoid the DL.