Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holyBrowns

3.31.13 - Opening Night 2013 Game Thread

134 posts in this topic

The Houston Astros haven't been designated to AAA yet?

I personally would rather see Darvish pitch tonight than Harrison.

I agree. For the record, I am currently undefeated and 1st in my league (tied). :) Happy opening day all!

I'm still confused as to how the Astros made it to Opening Night? Does the MLB really have high hopes for them? I figured they would have put 2 playoff teams out there, or anyone other than the Astros. I think I'd rather watch the Marlins than them.

I'm still confused as to how the Astros made it to Opening Night? Does the MLB really have high hopes for them? I figured they would have put 2 playoff teams out there, or anyone other than the Astros. I think I'd rather watch the Marlins than them.

They need all the help they can get. This is their only national game, I believe. They're trying to play up this rivalry.

I think it's a way to show casual fans that the Astros have moved to the AL. I bet they'll be talking about it all night.

I think it's a way to show casual fans that the Astros have moved to the AL. I bet they'll be talking about it all night.

I'm banking on the "rivalry" and how it will take off now that both teams share a division.

Thankfully I own Altuve, otherwise I'd have no interest in the game.

They need all the help they can get. This is their only national game, I believe. They're trying to play up this rivalry.

It sadly is. They get 2 other games on MLB Network but this is the only game on ESPN lol.

Got my boy Matty H back and on the bump. Lets get the season off right!!

Happy I got Andrus going tonight... And thank god this is probably the only Astros game I will have to watch this year.

I'll be one of the few people rooting for the Astros in this game thanks to Bud Norris and Jose Altuve :D

1 person likes this

David Murphy's going yard!

David Murphy ain't going yard, Chris Carter's going yard twice though.

Chris Carter ain't going yard twice, David Murhpy going yard three times though.

1 person likes this

Makes sense as every game after this one will be better, so they can say "WOW, look at this season, the games keep getting better and better!"

Picked up David Murphy and leonys Martin to start. Also have Adrian beltre and lance berkman.

Lets go rangers!

Astros win 18-2 :P

Was there a Lorenzo Cain trade to Houston that I was not made aware of???

1 person likes this

Astros win 18-2 :P

Was there a Lorenzo Cain trade to Houston that I was not made aware of???

It should have been Royals vs Dodgers tonight. How great would that be? The Amazing Cain vs The Head Ryu!

this games obviously to show the "new" AL Houston Astros and their new in-state/division rivalry Rangers... I've got my $ on Big Chris Carter tonight!! Like his Name Brother from Football, Chris Carter from the Vikings nickname was "All he does is catch Touchdowns!". Houstons Chris Carter will be nicknamed "All he does is Hit HomeRuns!".... I also have a couple shares of Ian Kinsler..... But I'll be watching his game just because baseballs FINALLY back!!

2 bombs for Brett Wallace tonight. Going to be a nice sleeper this year. Finally gets to play a full season.

Happy I got Andrus going tonight... And thank god this is probably the only Astros game I will have to watch this year.

I own him in 1 league but I'm not happy about it. He didn't run last year and his SB% is bad for someone with speed. And that .286 BA seems like a mirage. Hope he proves me wrong.