Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stang_four_life

keeper help

7 posts in this topic

I get to choose one keeper for my league of which I will only post the three in contention. This is a PPR league

I have Aaron Rogers, Brandon Marshall, and AJ Green

Now my obvious choice is Aaron Rogers as people say he had a down year but was still the #3 qb. But though I would ask you all as part of me really wants to keep one of my receivers because there will be Cam Newton out their to draft as well as qbs such as colin kaepernick. Those both offer great chances for rushing yards as well. So what do you all think? just keep rogers or go for one of those two?

In my opinion he is the only first rounder out of the 3 keepers. AJ could sneak his way up to late in the 1st but I see him as an early 2nd rounder, same goes with Marshall. How many points do you get for passing tds? If it is 6 then I think it is a no brainer to keep Rodgers, if not I wouldnt blame you for wanting to keep AJ over him but I still feel Rodgers is the better keeper.

Ya my common sense says keep rodgers. Pass TD's are 4 but he still puts up insane points. I was just thinking get a top receiver and get a qb like cam who can run like crazy to. Cam really bounced back toward the end of the year and I keep thinking he will build on top of that

I would go WR (either is fine just pick one). Rogers has a couple of other guys that will score about the same as him each week. There are fewer recievers that will match those guys productions.

I like AJ Green there -- he went on a terrible cold stretch in the 2nd half, could've had a monster season. Marshall is gonna have a big year with Marc Trestman coaching, but AJG still more talented. You couldn't pay me to keep a QB this year if I have anyone else worth considering, there's no QB worthy of a Top 20+ pick this year in any normal scoring format.

green over marshall, because of age and less unknowns.

Marshall has new regime in chitown. unlikely they go away from him and with cutler obviously will see high target #s, but you never know how players will work out in a new scheme w/ new coaches. Bmarsh is exiting his prime while AJ is just entering it. bengals drafting eifert at TE, should open up room for green to operate. in fact people arent talking about how Bmarsh had his hip scoped this offseason and wasnt even cleared to run until recently (assuming the timeline laid out for recovery is correct). Thats his 3rd hip scope i believe and last few times he's had it done was not as explosive and unimpressive #s for a 1 man keeper league (though thats without his buddy cutler throwing to him).

i love rodgers so much, but there are so many great starting fantasy QBs vs a limited number of elite WRs, since its ppr heightens value of elite WRs.