Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sasnumberonefan

A.J. Pierzynski 2013 Outlook

6 posts in this topic

Surprised there's no thread on this guy. Had a great year last year and now he gets to play half his games at that launching pad in Arlington, and it looks like he will be getting the majority of the games at catch, if not DH.

there wont ever be much love for a 37 year old catcher...esp one coming off of a career season

Surprised there's no thread on this guy. Had a great year last year and now he gets to play half his games at that launching pad in Arlington, and it looks like he will be getting the majority of the games at catch, if not DH.

37 year old, had a career year last season and while its nice that hes playing in a launching pad in texas, being a 37 yr old catcher handling that heat isnt ideal. I stayed away from him this season after owning him last year but thats not because I think he will do bad. I can expect a .275 15 hr 60 rbi year.

He's old and Texas is protecting themselves for the playoffs. No need to push AJ in May.

In fantasy I maintain that he's merely a catcher2. I have him ranked around 14th. Solid but not spectacular; catcher is way too deep