Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stevekerr01

Jim Henderson 2013 Outlook

57 posts in this topic

He's still probably the handcuff. Struggling last year in the role doesn't mean he's terrible at it forever. Ryan Madson comes to mind as a guy that got the label as a "Cuddle Boy" - a guy that could set-up but couldn't close games. Then he posted an excellent year closing for Philly before getting a contract as a closer with Cinci, which of course never materialized due to injury.

Point being, Henderson hasn't shot himself in the foot for good.

Such a white name LOL

When will the racism end?!?!?

Don't judge by a name...remember Khalil Greene?

Such a white name LOL

or Freddie Freeman,

The Brewers will go with Mike Gonzalez or Burke Badenhop before Jim Henderson, when Axford inevitably loses his closer job. Doug Melvin made it a point to talk about Gonzalez having closer experience when they signed him.

The Brewers will go with Mike Gonzalez or Burke Badenhop before Jim Henderson, when Axford inevitably loses his closer job. Doug Melvin made it a point to talk about Gonzalez having closer experience when they signed him.

I'm not saying you're categorically wrong - but do you have a link or anything to point to? Badenhop did pitch the 8th yesterday, but they were losing 3-1 when he took the mound. Gonzalez may have prior closing experience, but he hasn't been very good over the last few years...

Burke Badenhop closing? He is great for getting ground balls in tight situations or in long relief, but I don't see him as a closer at all.

Gonzalez brought in the 7th. Walk, single, single, pulled. Cross him off the list.

1 person likes this

Yea if Henderson is pitching well and they decide to pull the plug on Axford he will be the guy.

Gonzalez brought in the 7th. Walk, single, single, pulled. Cross him off the list.

Other than the walk that inning, the rest of that inning was pure bad luck. After the walk, Rutledge laid down a perfect sac bunt that resulted in a base hit and then CarGo hit a broken bat grounder that Alex Gonzalez couldnt field because he had to get out of the way of the flying bat. If fielded cleanly, its a double play.

Burke Badenhop closing? He is great for getting ground balls in tight situations or in long relief, but I don't see him as a closer at all.

He's been probably the best Brewers reliever so far this spring. If Axford falters and Badenhop continues to pitch well, he will get a chance.

FWIW

MLB.com's Adam McCalvy writes that Jim Henderson is being viewed as the Brewers' "Plan B" at closer.

Advice: "Plan A" involves sticking with John Axford, who has allowed six hits and four runs through 1 2/3 innings this season. If Axford's struggles continue, Henderson should get the next crack at the ninth-inning gig. The Canadian right-hander is stash-worthy in mixed leagues.

Such a white name LOL

LOL relax. Its not that serious. I was joking around

Such a white name LOL

If you couldn't tell, I was also joking.

I do wonder if "Dontrelle Willis, such a black name" would be as accepted on the boards. However, I was kidding & not offended at all.

Such a white name LOL

If you couldn't tell, I was also joking.

I do wonder if "Dontrelle Willis, such a black name" would be as accepted on the boards. However, I was kidding & not offended at all.

Perfect example of why a sarcasm button is needed

Right now Tom Gorzelanny is in the 9th over Henderson...odd.

Edit, he walks the leadoff guy and here comes Henderson.

Just a lefty/lefty matchup it looks like....and he botched it.

Henderson still got out of it easily. He's been dominating in the role so far. If he can keep it up like this and Axford blows a game or 2, he may not give it back.

Henderson still got out of it easily. He's been dominating in the role so far. If he can keep it up like this and Axford blows a game or 2, he may not give it back.

Axford isn't the issue right now, I think K-Rod is more of a threat.

K-Rod is done. He was atrocious last year in the role. I can't see him being any type of threat at all unless something happened over the winter.

K-Rod is done. He was atrocious last year in the role. I can't see him being any type of threat at all unless something happened over the winter.

I agree with you but there is PEDs. Some will risk it, just so they can get a Big money contract. Doesn't have to be millions either.