Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matthew

Expendable starter?

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm playing in a 12-team 6x5 (w/OBP) league. It's H2H with a straight up one overall win/loss per week. We have a salary cap, and I'm right up against it. I'm looking to gain some flexibility, and I think the best way I could do it is by dropping one of my starters and picking up a closer with maybe a cheap replacement SP or two.

Here's my lineup:

C- Alex Avila (15.11)($7)

1B- Albert Pujols (1.11)($40)

2B- Ben Zobrist (5.11)($23)

3B- David Wright (3.11)($34)

SS- Asdrubal Cabrera (12.02)($23)

OF- Carlos Gonzalez (2.02)($38)

OF- Matt Holliday (4.02)($27)

OF- Ichiro Suzuki (16.02)($12)

UTIL- Paul Goldschmidt (6.02)($23)

BN-Jackie Bradley ($0)

P- Matt Moore (7.11)($19)

P- Jordan Zimmermann (8.02)($23)

P- Josh Johnson (9.11)($15)

P- Brandon Morrow (10.02)($17)

P- Doug Fister (11.11)($17)

P- Dan Haren (13.11)($19)

P- Brett Anderson (14.2)($13)

BN- Jose Fernandez ($0)

Beyond that I have a mix of free bit players/prospects who I can freely drop for other players.

My question--Who's my most expendable pitcher? I tried trading Dan Haren, but he's garnered no interest, and I actually like Fister and Anderson more as cheap, high-upside alternatives. I'd like to just get rid of him, but I worry it'd come back to haunt me.

I can keep looking for trading options, maybe even for a different pitcher, but I doubt anyone would be interested right off the bat. He's pretty expensive.

Drop Bradley he is going back to the minors. Also, drop Fernandez as well. What does the WW look like?

Dropping those two provides me with zero cap relief; both are touted prospects who cost nothing and have full PT for the moment.

I'm in a position where one of my current starters needs to go, either by trade or through waivers.

There are a handful of decent closers on the market. Chisek, Hanrahan, Street. There are some OK pitchers. Parker, Millone, A.J. Griffin.