Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pusherman

Week 1 Waiver Wire Touts: 3/31 - 4/7

35 posts in this topic

A reminder for all on how it works - a weekly thread will be posted and pinned, for all of you who need to *already* find replacements (DOH). Each week, the old thread will be de-pinned, and a new thread (Week 2, Week 3, etc.) to keep the touts current, given how the guys that are likely to be found on the WW changes from week to week and given the popularity of weekly H2H matchups.

A reminder that this is meant to tout players you may find on the WW that you feel other owners should consider - but it's not meant for Bench Coach discussion (who to drop for 'em, owner's lineup decisions, etc. - that's for the Bench Coach Forum), as per the FBB Posting Rules. So, please no BC questions - if it provides general information that all can use, it's fair game. Again, this isn't a thread to ask about players in your league - it's to tout potential WW players. If you believe a guy is worth *consideration*, post away.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past. Also, you can stipulate if you think it's a great 1-week play, a streamer, a great long-term play, or whatever.

For deep leagues that start 5 OFers some possibles on the WW that can help are Colin Cowgill, Geraldo Parra and Chris Heisey

I'd recommend any pitcher facing Houston. The Astros may hit some, but if the pitcher goes 6 innings he can be considered a lock for double digit K's. Their lineup is full of free swingers.

For deep leagues that start 5 OFers some possibles on the WW that can help are Colin Cowgill, Geraldo Parra and Chris Heisey

I'll add Nolan Reimold to this list. If he can stay healthy, might be gold from the WW if you need OF help. The key words here is IF and Healthy.

4 people like this

I'll add Nolan Reimold to this list. If he can stay healthy, might be gold from the WW if you need OF help. The key words here is IF and Healthy.

Not sure why I neglected Reimold. I actually added him as a replacement for 1 of my DL'd OFers on Sunday.

Bartolo Colon is expected to pitch Saturday against Houston for a decent stream.

Fowler is he is still available. Im a believer.

It would have to be in a seriously shallow league

Porcello vs the twins for a mid range streamer

Tyler Flowers hit another bomb and could seriously be in contention to be a great C play ROS.

Catcher is deeper than it's been in a while this year.

Brantley is looking like a GREAT 4-5 outfielder.

4-4, RBI, R tonight

1 person likes this

Gerardo Parra

Beat me to the punch. He's on fire out of the gate, and Eaton's playing time may be threatened if he stays this hot. (Although, with Eaton being out until possibly late May, there's always just as much of a chance that Parra falters rather than take advantage of the extended chance and starter's AB/lead-off spot in that lineup and he may become irrelevant, but for now, ride him! If people were on the Willie Bloomquist train at the beginning of last year, then this guy's ownership needs to be a LOT higher than it is by morning!)

1 person likes this

Another one is Jed Lowrie. Even though he plays in Oakland now, here's a SS with some good pop. Health is the key here too. If Lowrie could stay healthy for a full season, who knows what kind of profit you're looking at, especially if you get him off the WW. I realize he may be owned in some leagues. Looks like ownership is around 56% with ESPN currently. Lowrie has 2 doubles tonight against Seattle.

Gattis? Not sure how much playing time he will get, but he has pop, so may be forced to find time.

Another one is Jed Lowrie. Even though he plays in Oakland now, here's a SS with some good pop. Health is the key here too. If Lowrie could stay healthy for a full season, who knows what kind of profit you're looking at, especially if you get him off the WW. I realize he may be owned in some leagues. Looks like ownership is around 56% with ESPN currently. Lowrie has 2 doubles tonight against Seattle.

Sitting on my bench today :cry:

Jim Henderson could be a stash if you have room. Axford struggling mightily, similar to last season's start where he got yanked from the role. He's not fooling anyone right now...

1 person likes this

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, April 4, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Fowler is available in my 12 team league.

Fowler is available in my 12 team league.

Do you start 1, 2 or 3 OFers?

In deeper leagues as a stream, or anyone with a need fo a SP in AL-only, Jeremy Guthrie should be worth a look occasionally (in that division more than ever). Struck out 9 today and limited the ChiSox to 1 run on 5 singles and a walk. Any damage seems to have come from the very bottom of the lineup, too. Encouraging to see from a guy who ended the year on a high note. Not sure how he'd fare against better offenses, but teams like Cleveland who have an abundance of free-swingers should help his cause....