Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruz

Jeremy Guthrie 2013 Outlook

32 posts in this topic

Okay, so Guthrie is facing off with none other than the White-Sox to start the year off... I am streaming him without a doubt in my mind... His splits vs them last year were mind-blowing!

4 GS, 29.2 ip, 21 hits, 1 er, 2 bb's, 19 k's, 0.30 era...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/splits/_/id/5370/jeremy-guthrie <--- Link

That is all i need to know.

As for the rest of the season, I don't plan on using Guthrie as anything but a streaming option against weaker offenses... If used properly, I think he can have some value in deeper mixed leagues.

AND THE WHITE-SOX KILLER STRIKES AGAIN! 9 K VICTIMS TODAY THROUGH 6 INNINGS... VICTIMS WERE APPARENTLY WHIP'ED TO DEATH TO THE TUNE OF 1.00... ANOTHER DAY ANOTHER WIN, AS THE RESIDENTS OF CHICAGO LIVE IN FEAR OF THE NEXT HE COMES TO TOWN IN EARLY MAY!!!

1 person likes this

Residents of Chicago have real lives.

and never live in fear....

Okay, so Guthrie is facing off with none other than the White-Sox to start the year off... I am streaming him without a doubt in my mind... His splits vs them last year were mind-blowing!

http://espn.go.com/m...thrie  <--- Link

As for the rest of the season, I don't plan on using Guthrie as anything but a streaming option against weaker offenses... If used properly, I think he can have some value in deeper mixed leagues.

Are you a wizard?

1 person likes this

http://espn.go.com/m... Link

Are you a wizard?

I have a rather good record on these forums... when i like a matchup enough to post about it, i don't think i've missed yet.

A little surprised there hasn't been more action in this thread. Including tonight so far, dude's got a 16/3 K/BB ratio this season after posting good numbers in the 2nd half last year for KC. What's the deal? I haven't watched him pitch at all so I don't know if he's looked as good as his numbers.

a couple of weeks ago, the guy from mlb network said he will have a great year because pitching in colorado all those years was killing him. I've had him on watch list.

a couple of weeks ago, the guy from mlb network said he will have a great year because pitching in colorado all those years was killing him. I've had him on watch list.

What ?

He pitched 4 months in Colorado

1 person likes this

What ?

He pitched 4 months in Colorado

oh... I probably mistook that one half year for "all those years" :wacko:

I had to grab him in a deep league that I am waiting on Marcum or Liriano to come back. Has been a pretty pleasant surprise. The "anti Vance Worley" if you will.

is the general consensus to roll him out there today?

Absolutely dealing tonight with a low pitch count... could he go the distance?

He could. The White Sox aren't having good ABs at all. Their hitting coach should be fired.

too many pitches that last inning. i'm guessing he's done

pretty sweet outing though. is he worth keeping?

He's pitched for some pretty sorry teams but we all know how this story will end.

He's pitched for some pretty sorry teams but we all know how this story will end.

Wasn't he pitching really well to end the season last year, too?

Teams who win fantasy championships have guys like Guthrie on their team. If you win ya gotta have some huge overachievers...

Teams who win fantasy championships have guys like Guthrie on their team. If you win ya gotta have some huge overachievers...

Couldn't agree more.

If he's sitting on your WW right now, seems like a good streaming option against the Astros. Dallas Keuchel is on the bump tonight for them.

If he's sitting on your WW right now, seems like a good streaming option against the Astros. Dallas Keuchel is on the bump tonight for them.

What seems to be seldom is.

1 person likes this