Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saluki

Heath Bell 2013 Outlook

33 posts in this topic

Only ownable in a Dbacks-only league and even then he's the last RP taken.

1 person likes this

Yeah, I'd say that wasn't a great outing the other day....

....but he shouldn't be anywhere near anyone's roster regardless - as the 3rd option out of the Arizona pen.

He's closing now. His stats are good this year if you subtract his first game drubbing. Can't believe I'm putting a waiver claim on this dude...I'm almost hoping someone else gets him.

I'm desperate for saves, I might roster him until he has his first meltdown. I'll be wearing radioactive protective gloves when I pick him up though.

you gotta 'cuff him with hernandez, at least for his first few outings. i doubt that his leash is very long and hernandez has the goods to run with it

I'm desperate for saves, I might roster him until he has his first meltdown. I'll be wearing radioactive protective gloves when I pick him up though.

You better wash the sheets in your bed after he leaves. In fact, burn them.

I'm hoping for Chris Perez-like work. ERA mid 4s and lots of saves on a good team. Good K to Walk so far though.

As a last season Heath Bell owner, I want no part of his attempts to save games in ARI.

How the hell does an elbow strain become surgery. WTF. J.J. putz was safe. Not screwing up my season along with league..

I know he sucked it up last year, but could it be that he is effective in the national west? He is going to get tons of chances.

Kevin Gregg is doing o.k. Prior to last year Rodney was just another arm. It's a league his used to. He knows the players, the parks, the mounds, etc... He could catch a little lightning in a bottle for a good team.

or...he could melt down and we all pretend we never had him on our rosters.

I just traded to have the top waiver claim this week to get this guy. The Heath Bell Experience/Experiment/Excrement.. I'm hoping he runs with it. Yes, last year was abysmal, but this guy has been great in the past. And, as like others stated above, if Rodney and Gregg can come out of nowhere, on the wrong side of 30, this guy could definitely re-harness what he had as recently as 2011.

2 people like this

They haven't even discuss a rehab assignment yet, so bell is safe for at least a couple of more weeks.and with putz's injury a setback is definitely possible.

Is it even a foregone conclusion that Putz will take over when he returns? Bell has been pretty decent. It's not like Putz is a spring chicken either. He's older than Bell (yikes).

I'm basically shocked Bell has done as well as he has so far closing things out.

I'm basically shocked Bell has done as well as he has so far closing things out.

Why? He was viewed as one of the best closers in the league just a couple years ago.