Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

billabong121

Alfonso Soriano 2013 Outlook

231 posts in this topic

Starting off 1-12. I know he is streaky but is he usually THIS slow to start off?

Eh. Soriano was this slow last year if I remember correctly. He's a lower tiered OF. He's not someone you should be relying on. He should be someone that doesn't hurt you yet pleasantly surprises you from time to time. He's going to hit 20-30 homers and drive in 70-90 runs. Maybe steal 10 bags? He's always been prone to 1-12s.

Last year he was dropped quite a bit early on IIRC

Gotcha. He is going back and forth between the bench and the bottom of my lineup. My first year in fantasy baseball and didn't see a thread. Thanks

He’s my starting LF in a 16 team league but he’s only starting cuz I have no one better. Knowing how streaky he is I am probably sitting him for Pierre tomorrow and put him back when he shows some signs. Jeez my offense is depressing.

Expect 25 HRs and be happy if he gives you .250 and MAYBE 3 steals. Since he doesn’t walk if he’s not getting hits he’ll kill your OBP too.

he got pinched ran for. Did he get hurt?

I'm not watching but I doubt it. 1-run lead in the top of the 9th, and DeJesus is a better defensive player then Soriano in LF so they just helped their defense, and put a faster runner on 2B incase they got a 1 out or 2 out single to bring in an insurance run.

I'm not watching but I doubt it. 1-run lead in the top of the 9th, and DeJesus is a better defensive player then Soriano in LF so they just helped their defense, and put a faster runner on 2B incase they got a 1 out or 2 out single to bring in an insurance run.

yea but it was a tied game whenever he got lifted.

yea but it was a tied game whenever he got lifted.

No it wasn't. It was a 2-1 Cubs lead in the top of the 9th. They improved their defense, and their chance to score from 2B on a single. That's why he was pulled. Just looking in the boxscore.

stealing bags like it's 2006! I feel bad for those who faced him in h2h leagues this week; that won't happen again anytime soon

pretty good bet this will be his only multi-SB game all year. And of course I have him on the bench after the 0 for 6 debacle last night and the 1 for 13 stretch. At least the alternate OF BJ Upton hit a homer so the 1 for 8 day isn't totally lost.

I am still waiting for that homerun binge which I thnk he still has in him. Once the weather heats up he should start driving some balls out.

Is this guy trying to steal more often? He just got caught trying to steal. Hopefully he has the green light, because he sure isn't getting many RBI opportunities.

Is this guy trying to steal more often? He just got caught trying to steal. Hopefully he has the green light, because he sure isn't getting many RBI opportunities.

He is hitting .125 RISP and .314 when bases are empty.

Not all his teammates' fault.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, April 29, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Is it time to drop him? Guy is killing me. 2 RBIs? is that a freaking joke.

Who can you get on your waiver wire? Best on mine would be someone like Daniel Nava.

Who can you get on your waiver wire? Best on mine would be someone like Daniel Nava.

uhh peter borjous, eric young jr, michael saunders, domonic brown, carlos quentin

You bench this old man until june when the weather warms up to over 80 degrees. He will then proceed to go on his annual homer binge.

This old dude is very streaky. I wanna sit him just play Wells. The prob is, BJ Upton sucks too, so I gotta either play Soriano or Upton depending on matchup.

Nava is a decent short-term plug.

Soriano is not even driving the ball at all right now. Little chance of homering.

And yes, wait till the weather heats up and he will come alive.

high of 82 in chicago tomorrow ;) think i'm gonna start him this week for the heck of it. 7 home games, maybe get lucky with an early binge of some sort. there's also some nice wind blowing out most days in the weather forecast.

I hope you’re right. I am starting him today cuz I ain’t starting BJ, who’s facing the Stras.

Interesting thing is that he’s tried to steal 4 times already, if I am not mistaken.

25/10 season?? Can we dream?

I hope you're right. I am starting him today cuz I ain't starting BJ, who's facing the Stras.

Interesting thing is that he's tried to steal 4 times already, if I am not mistaken.

25/10 season?? Can we dream?

last year he had ZERO home runs by this time. and then 7 in may, 8 in june, finishing with 32. so the 25 homeruns is doable. the 10 stolen bases will take some dreaming however.

I hate this guy. I start him he does nothing. I sit him and he has a rare good game.

His only homer, 2 of 3 RBI, and 2 of 3 steal while on my bench.

Smurf curse.

1 person likes this

Be warned if you own soriano. I am starting him today.

He has 1 RBI in 19 games in my lineup. Benchd him the last two games and he has 2 HRs and 5 RBI.

Bench him vs. Latos if you can.