Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0dka

Zack Cozart 2013 Outlook

29 posts in this topic

Surprised there's no thread on this guy yet. Cozy was one of my favorite picks in my draft. Finally showing some life with back to back home runs tonight.

Would be great if he can get sandwiched between Choo and Votto. Rooting for Heisey to suck so this happens sooner then later.

I got Cozart on 3 of 5 teams this year.

He will give you 20 plus HR's with a .250 average.

For a waiver pick up or late round pick in deep leagues.

i want some steals

You've come to the wrong place

it just bothers me bc he ran in the minors ... dusty put cement in his shoes

I agree I don't get the no running maybe if he can stick in the 2 hole he can get some.

He has been getting very little pub since moving his way up to the number 2 spot in a very nice lineup. He has been responding to the promotion and seems like he scores at least a run a game. Starting to like this guy more then the overhyped Simmons at the current moment.

Cozart is officially on a heater folks. I knew hitting between Choo and Votto was going to be the ticket for this kid. He can hit a fastball and is now getting plenty of them.

Cozart is officially on a heater folks. I knew hitting between Choo and Votto was going to be the ticket for this kid. He can hit a fastball and is now getting plenty of them.

This kid is mashing. Time to pick him back up and plug him in the lineup

I agree I don't get the no running maybe if he can stick in the 2 hole he can get some.

That's what she said. Sorry, mods. Couldn't help it.

1 person likes this

Was able to grab this guy off waivers in a 12 team league when Reyes went down. Been very happy so far.

Was able to grab this guy off waivers in a 12 team league when Reyes went down. Been very happy so far.

It is just his 2nd full season in the bigs. Seems like he's been around alot longer. But heck, between Choo/Votto, hes going to see good pitches for sure. The power is solid for SS position as well.

I think he's a pretty poor hitter and his home park is the best thing he has going for him, but I jumped at him when waived last week as injuries to Reyes/Hill have decimated my MI core.

He went to the bunt the ball and the pitch hit him square on the finger that holding the bat. He was in pain and immediately came out of the game.

Aargh - guess I got excited too soon. =(

Heard Ray Flowers just trashing this guy on the radio last night. Feeling worse by the minute... :unsure:

Instead if listening to tout clowns on the radio how about you just trust the stats, the batting order, and the skill set. Cozart is a .250 hitter capable of 80-90 runs, 15-20 homers, 50 RBI's. Currently batting second in a very potent lineup his counting stat projection should hold true. Yes we all know Zach is streaky and he whiffs alot but still makes good hard contact when he does. Ray Flowers must not realize the landscape cesspool the current SS market is.

unless he's hurt I don't understand this day off today. guy went 2 for 5 with a HR and 4 RBI yesterday and now he has the day off. Way to encourage your hitters dusty...

He's definitely someone that has piqued my add radar in recent days, I'm not ready to roster him yet but definitely someone's who's been put on the ol watch list.

16 runs scored in the past month is nothing to turn your nose up at, not to mention he's hitting nearly .300.

He is pretty streaky. I've been rocking him on my roster since middle April since Rutledge went down.

I have no idea why he got a day off. If he really needed it I understand but he had an awesome day yesterday. Why try to disrupt any flow he is establishing? Dusty Baker and Mike Scioscia are stupid overrated.

1 person likes this